Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Dreameyes.com Review Time!!!! **And Discount Code**

I had the pleasure of reviewing two different contact lenses from Dreameyes.com.

The short of it: I love these lenses and have already recommended the company to more than a few friends.

The long of it:  Well, where do I begin?


*Note I was sent these items for review by the company.  While I did not pay for these items my opinions are still 100% mine.*

*Discount code is available at the end of this post, scroll down for 20% off your order.*

The lenses I'm going to review are the Brown Star Glow Lenses and the Natural Blue Circle Lenses.

What's different about these lenses when compared to a lot of other circle lenses is that these are stated to be FDA approved.  They are also stamped with the GMP logo that certifies that they were manufactured under "Good Manufacturing Practices" defined by the Korean Food and Drug Administration.  Finally, they also bear the "CE" marking which means they are able to be distributed throughout the European Economic Area.

Now I'm not saying other circle lenses don't have this.  In fact, GEO lenses have all the same approvals.  But I am not able to find FDA logos on other brands of contacts such as Super Pinky and EOS.  While I highly doubt that your eyes will fall out if you use these lenses, the added peace of mind is comforting.

Prices range from $27.95 to $28.95.  This is a bit higher than some other places but what makes up for it is that there's free shipping with every order.  EVERY ORDER GETS FREE SHIPPING!!!  No more having to do group orders with your friends to reach a certain amount or buy another pair of contact lenses so that you qualify for free shipping.  If you want only one pair, then you can get only one pair and not have to worry about shipping costs.

The company ships out from England and arrives super fast.  My lenses were shipped out on Monday and arrived on Thursday (I'm located on the US West Coast btw).  No more waiting 14 business days for contact lenses and hoping that they will come in time for your next event. 

All of the lenses offered on the site are plano (0.00 power).  However I was told that they are planning on carrying prescription lenses in the future so I will be on the lookout for that.

The lenses are packaged in blister packs.  Now I love this personally because lenses sent in glass bottles can be tricky (dangerous) to open.  I have cut myself more than once trying to get the crimp seal off of the bottle.  With the use of blister packs the packages aren't as bulky because there is no need for all that stuffing and the risk of a bottle breaking in transit is gone.
The boxes they come in

Blister packs with lenses

Instructions for use are printed inside of the carton

Also, sorry but these lenses don't come with cute animal cases.  But I also know that a lot of you are like me and have a bunch of spare lens cases lying around.  

Shall we get onto the good stuff?



First off!  Brown Star Glow Lenses 
In the blister pack

In fluorescent light

In daylight

Lens Type: Yearly
Base Curve: 8.6
Diameter: 14.5
Water Content: 42%

Can I just say that these lenses are amazing!  The brown color to these lenses have a wonderful depth to them.  The lighter brown in the middle blends very well with my dark brown eyes and gives them a beautiful warmth.  The enlargement is also very dolly without looking too scary.  At 14.5 diameter, this is similar in size of most circle lenses.  But the real kicker is definitely the sparkle points (stars).

It's hard to tell online, but the sparkle points are actually metallic silver.  During the day they aren't all that dramatic and the lenses can be worn without many people noticing.  But under flash photography or when looked at up close, your eyes will literally sparkle.

Comfort level is average and on par with my Ifax lenses.  I can wear these easily for 8 hours, but past 12 hours my eyes start to get dry.  While the lenses feel a bit stiff when I put them on, once in I can barely feel them and have almost fell asleep with them on more than once.

If you're looking for a lens with a unique kick then I highly recommend these.



The next lenses I have for you....... Natural Blue Circle Lenses!
In the blister pack

In fluorescent light

In daylight

Lens Type: Yearly
Base Curve: 8.6
Diameter: 14.5
Water Content: 42%

I wanted to try these lenses out so badly because I wanted to know how they would look on my dark brown eyes.  It's not impossible, but also not easy to find blue lenses that blend well with dark eyes and yet are also vibrant.

But these definitely fit the bill.  Not only is the color vibrant, there's enough black in the lens for it to blend into the eyes.  

On the left: Natural Circle Blue Lenses.  On the right: Max Elegance Tri-Tone Blue Lenses.

The color on my eyes is slightly darker but very similar to the Max Elegance Tri-Tone Blue lenses I reviewed here.  And the pattern is very similar to the Flora Gerbera lenses I reviewed here.  Only difference is that there is more black contrast with the Natural Blue Circle Lenses than with the Flora Gerbera lenses.
On the left: Natural Circle Blue Lenses.  On the right: Max Elegance Tri-Tone Blue Lenses.
On the left: Flora Gerbera Gray Lenses.  On the right: Natural Circle Blue Lenses.
The result?  Absolute love!  Seriously, I love these lenses.  They have totally exceeded my expectations in both color and comfort.  They feel a bit thinner than the Brown Star Glow Lenses and once I put them in I can't feel them at all.  I can get 12 hours of wear easily with these lenses before they start to dry out.  And while I do love my Max Elegance Tri-Tone Blue lenses, I find myself loving these even more because they blend so well with my eyes.

So there you have it!  My review in whole.  The bottom line, I love these lenses and will definitely find myself ordering from them in the future.

DISCOUNT CODE: Type in VICKY20 at checkout and get 20% off your order.  This offer is valid until the end of May.  Twenty percent off your order PLUS free shipping!  Now your only dilemma will be which lenses to order.



Hope you enjoyed this review and live happy!   










No comments:

Post a Comment