Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Honey Color Review Part 1

So I'm going to try and tackle this Honey Color review.  I have already tried out the lenses and I'm now able to give my thoughts on them.

I ordered 6 lenses for myself and will break this review into 2 posts.

First off Honey Color was having a 50% off sale.  This is my second time ordering from them and I had absolutely no issues.  The promotion even included a free piggy lens carrying case with tweezers, applicator and small bottle for solution.  Not only that, I was upgraded to express shipping as well.

Suffice it to say this was a hell of a deal.

The lenses arrived perfectly and on the weekend before Christmas.  I really couldn't be happier.

Now then, time for lenses.

The first one is Geo Princess Mimi Apple Green

Diameter: 15mm
Water Content: 38%
Base Curve: 8.7
no flash
with flash
I finally got me a pair of apple green lenses.  Like the rest of the series, these lenses are huge but also very comfortable.  The color is a bit more transparent and blends in beautifully with my brown eyes.  I won't say that they look natural but they don't totally scream "FAKE LOOKING COLOR LENSES!!!!!".  They give eyes a beautiful depth and I think that both dark eyes and light eyes would look lovely in them.  For reference, these are noticeably darker than the G&G Shinny Green lenses.  They give 2 completely different looks.

Next....


Diameter: 14.8mm
Water Content: 45%
Base Curve: 8.6
no flash
with flash
I ordered these on a whim.  I don't have a lot of purple lenses because I always thought they didn't look too good on me.  Actually, most purple lenses look downright blah on me.  This was not the case with these lenses.  Though they looked light in the bottle, once I put them in they darkened just a bit due to my natural eye color and looked very pretty.  I'm very happy that I found a great pair of purple lenses and like with the other Super Pinky lenses, these are really comfortable to wear.

Last one for this post is:


Diameter: 15mm
Water Content: 45%
Base Curve: 8.6
no flash
with flash
with some eye make up on.
Can I just say that I love these lenses!  Grey lenses can be very tricky depending on the depth and color you want.  Most color lenses available in the US is the light grey that doesn't blend well and looks really obvious.  These have a darker grey color with a slight blue tinge that blends really well.  The pattern on the lens gives a depth to the lens that when combined with the darker grey color, give a beautiful yet more subtle effect.  These lenses were very comfortable and I has no issues with wearing them for long periods of time.  This is a great lens for everyday wear.

So that is it for now.  Keep an eye out for Part 2!

Happy New Year and Live Happy!










No comments:

Post a Comment