Saturday, January 4, 2014

Honey Color Review Part 2

For reference Part 1 is located here.

I have no excuse other than I've been lazy playing otome games on my phone rather than writing up.  But once in a while I suppose everyone needs to get away and fantasize about a bunch of very sexily drawn men vying for your love and attention.

This is going to review the second part of my order from Honey Color.  I have never really disclosed this before but all items were purchased by me and I get nothing from the company.

So let's continue shall we?



Diameter: 14.8 mm
Water Content: 45%
Base Curve: 8.6
no flash
with flash
These are really true to their name.  Bright red lenses in that wonderful Super Pinky size and design.  These look completely unnatural and will be best for cosplay or Halloween.  Worn any other time you will definitely get a few stares.  The lenses are comfortable and I was able to wear them all night long.  They are bright and the inner pupil hole stops kind of abruptly so there's not much blending going on there.  This also means that the lenses can make you look googly-eyed if they happen to shift around.  But if you're going for a bright red lens than you can't go wrong with these.  If you're looking for a more subtler look I suggest trying out the Sakura Candy Red lenses from Pinky Paradise or going for the Super Pinky Wine Red lenses.


Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water Content: 42%
Base Curve: 8.6
no flash
with flash
These lenses take on almost a neon pink look to them.  They are noticeable even in low light and do give a sparkling effect.  They look really unnatural in this color which is to be expected.  The pupil hole is larger than the Super Pinky lenses which means most likely your natural eye color is going to show through (unless your pupils are really dilated).  I don't find this to be too much of an issue since my eyes are so dark but for people with lighter eyes you might have a problem with it.  The lenses are quite comfortable and while only 14.5 mm in diameter, they look larger than that.  These are great if you're looking for a bright pink pair of lenses.  If you want something more subtle then look elsewhere.


Diameter: 15 mm
Water Content: 45%
Base Curve: 8.6
no flash
with flash
What a vibrant pair of green lenses!  Yet another unnatural looking pair of lenses to add to my collection.  These are also huge to boot which adds to the unnatural aspect of them.  I have to say that these lenses are very comfortable and I can wear them all day long and into the night.  The pattern is very striking and the yellow ring around the pupil opening gives this lens some dimension.  With all that said though, I have to say that I do not love these lenses.  I find that they don't blend well into my dark eyes and that I would not be able to go out with them on unless I had full make up on.  That is mainly my fault for getting such impractical lenses, but they looked so good and were on sale!  BTW this is the same reason why I have so many high heels that I can't walk in.  So all in all, if you are looking for a beautifully colored bright green lens and don't mind the attention, then go for these.  I suppose I'm a bit more introverted to wear these on a regular basis.

That's all for me.  Have a great weekend and as always, live happy!






   


No comments:

Post a Comment