Friday, January 10, 2014

Fragrance of the Week: Atelier Cologne Trefle Pur

If you are unfamiliar with Atelier Cologne then you need to check them out here.

The best I can describe their fragrances is a beautiful collection of surprisingly unisex fragrances that leave a gorgeous air about the person wearing them.

They have something for everyone whether you like florals, musk, fruity, etc......  They also blend together really well.  I notice that a lot of them have a citrus note to them.  I find the citrus in their fragrances to be refreshing but not overly volatile.


Today I'm going to be waxing poetically (not really) about Trefle Pur.

Translated it means Pure Clover.  There's something lucky about this scent.  Also, if you go to their website, there is an excerpt that accompanies each fragrance.  It really sets the mood.

Trefle Pur smells bright and refreshing with a beautiful green heart that can either scream spring-time or race track.  I consider this scent to be an almost-chypre.  It's bitter orange and neroli top notes come off more as lemongrass on my skin.  The basil note is amazing, giving a green yet slightly herbal scent (the way that basil does with food).  The patchouli in the base is nice and soft and doesn't remind me of dirt as most patchouli scents do.

Green with a zing!  I think that's how I would describe this.

Definitely a clean unisex fragrance that wears close to the skin almost all day long on me.  When sprayed on a textile (aka my jacket or hoodie) I can smell it for well over a week after the initial spray.

Now this stuff doesn't come cheap.....

At $70 / 30ml for the smallest size, it's downright ridiculous!  They have larger sizes available that I think are much more worth it albeit still very pricey.  But if you buy the 200ml size (for $175) from their site you get a 30ml bottle for free.  And it comes with a complimentary leather case with heat engraving of your name or initials.

If you're still on the fence about it then head over to your local Sephora and see if they have and testers out to try.  Although a lot of fragrances may be mass produced, it's still a very personal accessory.  More than a jacket or a dress, fragrance combines with your skin chemistry to create a scent uniquely you.

Hope everyone had a great New Years and that this weekend will be wonderful.

Take care and live happy!     




No comments:

Post a Comment