Friday, January 3, 2014

Fragrance of the Week: Tocca Brigitte

I never was into Tocca fragrances.  I always thought them too overhyped and never found one that I liked enough to buy.

So now they are being sold at Nordstrom, and with Nordstrom Note in hand I went to take a gander at some new scents.

Brigitte was named after Brigitte Bardot.  While this scent can be glamorously sexy, it's also warm and comforting.

The notes are as follows: Ginger, Rhubarb, Papaya, Moroccan Rose, Iris, Saffron, Sandalwood, Musk and Pannetone Accord.

This smells wonderfully warm and spicy and a little flirty.  I get no papaya, but I do get the warm ginger, saffron and musk.  Also, surprise surprise!  There's iris in it.  In case you didn't know, I tend to gravitate towards anything containing iris.  I just love it!  And when blended with saffron and musk, it's a winning combination.

If you love warm scents that have a sexy, flirty and carefree nature to them then Brigitte may be a winner for you as well.  The pannetone accord does a great job in sweetening up the scent without it becoming sickly sweet.  In fact you probably couldn't tell it was there unless you really sniff for it.  It's a bit pricey at $68 for 1.7 fl oz. but a few spritzes and you'll want to go driving down windy roads with the top down.

The scent only lasts a few hours on me but I find that to be the case with all Tocca scents so your mileage may vary.  But it's so lovely that I don't mind re-applying.

Have a great weekend and hope everyone had a great New Year.

Live Happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment