Saturday, December 28, 2013

Circle Lens Haul! Pinky Paradise Order

Okay so I'm a little late on this, but we all know holidays are busy times.

I recently bought a butt-load of lenses.  This time I will focus on Pinky Paradise.  I will have to split my Honey Color order into 2 posts so that it doesn't become ridiculously long.


So onto the lenses shall we?

Pinky Paradise had a Black Friday sale where select lenses were 50% off.

First lens I got was the Vassen Sakura Candy Pink Brown.

Diameter: 14.5mm
Water Content: 42%
Base Curve: 8.6
no flash
with flash (sorry about the red eye)
These have the signature candy lens look but instead of a thick black limbic ring, it is brown.  This gives a very different effect to the eyes and can actually look kind of weird if you aren't used to a brown limbic ring.  Kinda like you got punched in the eye.  It does however give a cute doll-like effect to the eyes with the interesting depth the colors create.  Still, I prefer the regular Pink Candy lenses.

The next lens I got was the Geo Princess Mimi Sesame Grey.  

Diameter: 15mm
Water Content: 38%
Base Curve 8.7
no flash
with flash
These are not only huge, but they give a wonderful effect to the eyes and are super comfortable.  For reference, I find all the Princess Mimi lenses to be very comfortable.  These don't blend as well into my eyes as the brown or green ones but they are still very striking.

I also got another pair of Geo Princess Mimi Chocolate Brown.

Diameter: 15mm
Water Content: 38%
Base Curve 8.7

  These are my Yuki Cross cosplay lenses and I love them so much that I bought a back up.  You can see my original review here.

My final lenses from this order were suppose to be Geo Princess Mimi Apple Green.  Unfortunately they became out of stock.  I was contacted by customer service to choose a replacement pair and I picked G&G Shinny Green (Puffy 3 Tone).   I thought this would be the closest match to the apple green lenses.  I was close, but they are noticeably different.

G&G Shinny Green

Diameter: 14.5mm
Water Content: 38%
Base Curve: 8.6
no flash
with flash
These lenses are very bright and lighter than the apple green lenses.  They give great enlargement and are very opaque, but it is because of that they don't blend in as well.  These lenses would be great if you already had light eyes and wanted to enhance them.  they are great on dark eyes like mine but I wouldn't use them for everyday.  The limbic ring is scattered and it gives a less dramatic effect than a solid ring, but I actually find them to be a bit too light.  I personally prefer a darker green color for everyday wear.  Comfort level is okay but these do need to soak in solution before wearing.

That's all for Pinky Paradise.  Keep an eye out for my Honey Color review.  I'll try to get that up soon.

Live Happy!







No comments:

Post a Comment