Monday, December 30, 2013

Review: NYC New York Color HD Color Trio Eye Shadow in Long Beach Sands from Influenster Jolly Vox Box

So in case you haven't been keeping up, I received a Jolly Vox Box from Influenster.  The items were totally free and I have to say they were pretty darn impressive.  If you are interested in Influenster you can check them out here.

Today I'm going to give you my thoughts on the NYC HD Color Trio Eye Shadow.

The color is called Long Beach Sands and contains 3 shades that range from light beige (almost champagne) to medium brown.  All the colors have a shimmer to them that isn't too glittery or frosty (my biggest eye shadow pet peeve along with major fallout and the reason why I hate Stila Kitten).





The shadows are buttery smooth and well pigmented.  The colors aren't super intense but you also don't need to pile it on to get a beautiful look.

This particular trio is very natural and I think that any skin tone would be able to pull this off.  The colors work well if you intend to use this for work or when you don't have time to do an elaborate eye look but still want to look put together.

This trio would also be great for novices.  The colors are easy to work with and with the shadows not being too intense, there's more room for error.  Also at a suggested retail of $2.99, this also makes a great bargain.

I've been finding myself reaching for this trio over and over again.  It's really great and with primer it lasts all day or night.  I do suggest using your favorite primer underneath.  It will help bring out the intensity of the shadows and make them stay put.

So if you have a huge amount of shadows, you really might not find that you need this trio.  But if you're just starting out and/or on a budget then I think this is a great trio to have.  I have a bunch of the Wet n' Wild trios, and while I love the quality of their shadows, I still find myself picking this up instead.

Hope everyone has a great week.  For all of those on break or vacation I envy you guys!

Live Happy!



  


No comments:

Post a Comment