Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Chanel Summer 2013 L'ete Papillon Nail Polish


So here's the thing......

I'm not a Chanel polish fan.  I think that the colors are very dupe-able and the formula sucks on me.

But I must admit when I saw their polishes for Summer 2013 I had to take a look and see what the fuss was about.


And while they are nice colors, I really think that there's nothing special to them and that they are just recycling ideas from last season.

If you follow nail polish trends, duochrome was everywhere last year and coral was a hot color last year.

So this line up has 2 duochromes and a coral.

Not very exciting for me in all honesty.

Were they trying to reproduce the frenzy that Peridot had caused?  I don't know.

Also, if you look at my post here you can see 2 Revlon polishes in the display that look eerily similar to Azure and Bel-Argus.

So enough complaining and onto the descriptions
*note: I didn't purchase these polishes, I only swatched them in store like a cheapo*



Bel-Argus: Shimmery periwinkle blue with a violet duochrome.  I found the formula to be thin and watery.

Azure: A shimmery teal green polish with a blue duochrome.  It has the same runny formula as Bel-Argus.

Lilis: A coral cream.  The formula on this one was a bit thicker and it's a possible one-coater.

So in my shame as a self-proclaimed nail polish junkie, I find myself at a loss for a dupe (or even a near dupe).  I suppose I just don't gravitate towards these duochrome colors.


As you can see though I have plenty of corals to compare.  I picked the closest ones I own and while there isn't an exact dupe, I think Revlon Tropical Temptation comes pretty close.

Honestly, if you really like the color and have $27 to spend on nail polish then go for it.  As for me, I think I'll pass.  While the colors are pretty, I don't see anything special about them.  If I get the hankering for a duochrome I would rather stick to the new Revlon duochrome polishes that came out instead.

Live Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment