Friday, February 13, 2015

Fragrance of the Week: Terry de Gunzburg Bleu Paradis

I got this as a sample from Barneys.  While reading the description I thought to myself.... "I like rose and  I like cedar and I like musk, this should be perfect!"

And I got to tell you it's pretty damn good!


If you don't like rose then I wouldn't get it but if you do then you'll love this.

The notes are: Mauritian litchi, rose, smoky cedar, amber and musk.

I get no litchi at all on my skin.  What I get is a woody and earthy rose.  The rose and cedar play tag on my skin and play perfectly.  Once it dries down, the musk comes out and blends beautifully.  This is an eau de parfum so expect it to last on your skin.

While I love this fragrance, does it justify spending $195 for 100ml?  Granted I've spent more on less, but even though this scent is amazing and lightly stays with me all day like a hidden pocket watch, I don't find myself thinking that I would reach for this fragrance on a regular basis nor do I think that it is so unique that I have nothing in my vast collection that compares to it.  While I will say this scent is very well done and wears beautifully on me, it is not something that I need in that amount and it is not something that I would get at that price.

With that said, if you love a woody rose go to your nearest Barneys and check this out.  If your looking for a woody rose scent that lasts all day without overpowering everything in the room then this is definitely something you're going to want to look into.

That's all from me.  Have a wonderful 3 day weekend (if you have it) and a great Valentine's day (in which the day after I will be amassing large amounts of discounted candy)!

Live Happy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment