Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Dior Holiday 2014 Golden Shock Collection: Initial Thoughts

You can now order Dior's holiday collection on their site.  It's in the same golden packaging that was started in 2012 with the Grand Bal collection.


Of the offerings the only things that are really grabbing my attention are the eye shadow palettes.  Both are different but contain colors that would compliment a variety of skintones.

Other than that the collection feels mediocre.  The lipsticks are interesting as they contain 2 different shades on the same tube, but for me that can only lead to trouble down the road when one color gets used up before the other.

The nail polishes look surprisingly similar to the original offerings from 2012.  The gold leaf top coat that was added to the collection is a dated trend that has been done before and I feel that once you've tried one gold leaf top coat you've tried them all.  Not to mention I find the stubby caps of the bottles hard to deal with when applying the polish.

The glosses are very pretty but in my opinion no gloss is worth over $20.

The highlighter is also gorgeous, but I realize how little I use highlighters when I won one from the Dior auction.  Seriously, even with keeping the compact in my bag I never reach for it.

So far my wallet is looking pretty damn smug thinking that it's going to catch a break this holiday.  I suppose we'll have to wait and see what other offerings are going to come out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment