Friday, October 17, 2014

And Just When My Wallet Thought It Was in the Clear: Gucci Cosmetics

That's right!  The latest design house to throw their name into color cosmetics is Gucci!

Now right off the bat you know the packaging will feature the iconic double "G's".  What I really wasn't expecting is that they went all out balls to the wall with this endeavor.


You can find the collection at their site or you can find them at Saks Fifth Avenue here.  They have made it so that from nail polish to skincare, you can Gucci up your entire vanity.

What is even more impressive is that while I was expecting that the prices would be up there along with Tom Ford, it falls slightly above YSL.  Don't get me wrong, it's still stupid expensive but at this price point I don't feel like I have to choose between a lipstick or paying my electricity bill.

Quality wise I'm still in the dark about.  I'll definitely have to go and see in person how the formulas are and how the pigmentation is.  But knowing that Gucci is a luxury brand I assume that the items will have the same luxury feel to them.

What I do wonder, and I wonder this every time I see a fashion house release cosmetics, is will it have staying power.  I'm sure a lot of people remember how awesome Rock and Republic cosmetics were only to have the company liquidate everything not to long after.  Spending $28 for a single eye shadow was not what I thought of as attainable let alone affordable.  I was also very young as well so money was tight and credit was non-existent.  

Even still, I do regret not being able to experience their line of products.  That mentality has been the factor on whether or not I indulge in brand just to say that I have before they disappear.  Quite sad I know.

At the end of the day though, make-up is make-up and all trends come and go so I shouldn't put too much thought on missing out on a cosmetic trend......

That's what I would like to think, but then again......

Maybe just one lipstick.......

Have a wonderful weekend and live happy!    

1 comment:

  1. Their Tuscan storm palette looks so good!! and from the little reviews I found out there about their shadows and blush its supposedly one of the smoothest and richest =) I think i'll wait until i visit Saks in person to try it before I hurt my wallet though ehehe, a little pricey to just order online

    ReplyDelete