Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Barneys Love Yourself Event: How They Sucked Me Back In...

So this past weekend I exhausted myself beyond belief.  In celebration of my birthday we all gathered at a friend's house and watched all of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.  During those twelve hours we ate to our heart's content and ended the night around 3am.
Warning.... kind of long ramble

By the end of the night I was pushing 23 hours of being awake and was noticeably moody.... I apologize to my friends that had to bear with me.  I also stunk of onion from all the onions I chopped.....

I then set my alarm and wake up at 7am to go to Target to check out the Altuzarra collaboration.  I get home at 8:30 and shower to get myself awake to go to Muir Woods, I wanted to hike and it seemed like the perfect place to walk through after watching LotR.  We hike for a couple of hours and head back to the city to eat lunch and meet up with a couple of friends and for me to get a facial.  I actually dozed off during my facial.....

Afterwards, we shopped.  And it was wonderful!  Shopping really is my cardio.  Actually I ordered most everything over the phone during the week and was just picking up my items.

Happy birthday to me!

Now then, I did the bulk of my shopping at Barneys because of their Love Yourself Event.  Was this the year that they win my heart back?  Online the bag looked very promising and I have to say it did not disappoint at all.

Holy hell!  Look at all the goodies!

I also got some bonus gifts from the brands I bought and a Barneys candle for using my Barneys card to pay for my purchases.  The bag was a very understated bag which was of very nice quality.  The past bags have been a bit too trendy/tacky.....

Most all of the items inside are generous samples.  There are 5 full sized items included.  In my bag they were the Kevin Aucoin eyeliner, Kai perfume oil rollerball, Rituals foaming shower gel, MAKE eyeshadow and the Tiziana Terenzi candle.  The candle is technically a mini candle but it sells for $25.  If you include the Barneys candle I got as a bonus then it jumps to 6 full sized products.

The other samples were large enough where you could easily get a few uses to see how the product really reacts with your skin.  Another plus is that there wasn't a bunch of perfume samples.  Many of us love perfume but to have a bag full of just perfume samples seems like filler to be honest.  The skimpiest sample was the La Mer Treatment Lotion.  This is similar to the SK-II treatment essence so you don't need much at all to apply to your face, however I feel that 5ml is a tiny to see how you really like the product.

The Sunday Riley Artemis oil is also given in 5ml form.  However, oil is something that you need so little of that I can see that lasting for over a week.

The total value I calculated from this bag comes in at a whopping $561.89!

Compared to the value of the bag from the time I bitched about the decline in quality, this is freaking amazing and shows that they really do appreciate their customers and really want to keep them, even if it's only twice a year.

Truthfully, I was about to write off Barneys forever but there they go sucking me back in with great brands, great customer service and great gifts.

Honestly, it's like that guy that can be such an asshole that you want to give up on him but then he's super sweet and wins you back.  Ugh not a healthy relationship but for now it makes me happy.

Will the next bag in February be as awesome if not more?  We'll see.

Live Happy! 



1 comment:

  1. lol at that Asshole guy comment, I hope Barney stays super sweet =) cause this event made me fall for Barneys too

    ReplyDelete