Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Altuzarra for Target: An Overall Impression

So Target released their latest designer collaboration with Altuzarra.  This isn't the first time that Altuzarra created something for a Target collaboration (recall the epic fail of the Neiman Marcus and Target collaboration).  But this time around it's clothing that he has to offer.


There wasn't a lot of buzz in my area for the collection and I was able to find almost everything in stores without lining up early in the morning.  In fact I have been to a few stores and most of them have the bulk of their stock left.  If I had to be honest I think there were more people buying during the Peter Pilotto collaboration.

Another great thing is that for the Altuzarra items, a 14 day return policy has been established.  That might also be another reason why people weren't buying gobs of stuff.

So onto the collection as a whole....

There's a lot of snake print and a great mix of work clothing as well as dressier items.  The clothing overall is very feminine.

Some issues I personally have with the collection is the quality of the clothing.  The fabrics for most of the items felt cheap.  Also many of the dresses had a side zip yet no fabric tab running along the back of the zipper to ensure that the metal didn't come into direct contact with the skin.  This is a shame because now I fear that I'll rip a piece of skin off every time I zip up my dress.

The cut was also a bit odd.  For the black dress, there is a seam that runs across the rib cage and it's so bulky that it's actually raised from the dress creating a bulge all around the torso.  Very odd indeed and the main reason I didn't buy the dress.

The fur coat was just a black fuzzy monstrosity.     

The red dress was a very flimsy and silky material.  Also for some reason once zipped up, the zipper didn't lie flat against my body.

The orchid sweatshirt was nice but the silky panel in front also seemed flimsy.

And all of the skirts and dresses had a slit that was much too high to be office appropriate.  Even on the models the slit looks to stop above mid-thigh.  Maybe I'm a prude.

Another thing to note is that since many of the dresses were v neck, I had no issues with my chest being squished.  So may all those who are more than a B cup rejoice!

The best items out of the collection for me would have to be the shoes and the crane embossed items.  The crane sweater was of great quality and the tailored dress was of good quality overall if I don't take into consideration the side zipper

The boots will work for you if you have a skinny calf.  Sorry for all of my thick calved sisters, we'll just have to stick with the ankle boots.  The pointed toe of the shoes isn't overly annoying but there is no platform to help cushion the pain of wearing 5 inch heels so gel inserts might also be on your shopping list of you get these.

Overall I was kind of disappointed.  While I'm glad I was able to snag the one item I really wanted, the overall quality and styling of the collection left me wanting more.

What were you thoughts?

That's it for today.  Later on I will post about the awesome gift bag from the Barneys Love Yourself event.  Until then....

Live Happy! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment