Saturday, July 19, 2014

Fragrance of the Week: Carven L'Eau de Toilette

I haven't been this excited about a new fragrance in a while.  In short it is awesome and if you love understated yet elegant scents then this is a must try.

Now for the long of it.....


I bought this fragrance a week ago and I am impressed.  It's soft and feminine all while being clean and fresh.  The plus is that it's not overly strong or heady so it can be worn to work but it also has amazing staying power so you'll get refreshing whiffs all day.

This is a fairly new scent so it might be available everywhere yet but you can find it at Nordstrom.

The notes....

Italian lemon, Sweet pea, Peony Floral notes, Freesia, White hyacinth and Wisteria.

Now you would think that a fragrance that is so floral filled has got to pack some punch right?  Well, what can I say?  They are beautifully present and understated (at least on my skin).

On me I get the sweetness of the florals coming out and the lemon keeps the fragrance grounded and almost polite.

If you're looking for a work appropriate fragrance that says "Hey, I'm a nice person."  Then this is it.  It is elegance that I have not seen in a fragrance in a good while.  This also is perhaps another fragrance that is impossible to over-spray.  The only other one that I have in my collection is the True Religion one.

At $79 for 1.7 fl oz it's not cheap.  But it's definitely worth it.
If you're looking for something with a bit more oomph then try the Carven Le Parfum.  It's got a bigger bang and happens to also be on sale right now for Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale.

Honestly, if you haven't checked out their sale yet then now is the time to go.

That's it for me.  Thank you for time and live happy!  


No comments:

Post a Comment