Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday Ramblings: What I Think About in the Middle of the Night

This is just me crazy lady rambling to see myself talk.  No need to scroll down, just felt I needed to write.



So yet again I missed fragrance of the week.  Life has been tiring for the most part but I suppose that comes with age.

If in case anyone was wondering what my fragrance of the week was, it was Bath and Body Works Winter Candy Apple.  A generic and young fragrance that reminds me of my high school days.  Nothing too deep and very easy to wear.

My baking has been put on hold because I'm honestly just too tired from the day to try and bake something.  I do intend to make something for a May birthday so look out for that.

My absolute favorite mani at the moment is 2 coats of Butter London Nail Foundation with a coat of Essie Mademoiselle.  Seriously, the only Essie color I wear and love.  My current issue is that now my nails have become a bit too long for me and for some reason I'm afraid to cut them.

For reference, I've never had long and strong nails growing up.  They kinda looked manly and not all feminine and pretty.  So I spent more money than I should on fake nails and products to make them grow.  Nowadays, I take better care of my nails so they grow much longer and don't look like stubs, but I always wait for one nail to break before I chop them all down.  This has yet to happen though and while it's a bit annoying, I can't find it in my heart to take a nail clipper to my fingers.  It's kind of like wishing for long hair and cutting it off once you get it.

Childish yes, but they look so pretty!

I also think I am finally at that point in life where I have settled into a signature look and routine.  The days of me wearing drag queen make up are pretty much over and I have kind of lost my urge to shop for the latest make-up collections.  Kind of sad since this blog is called Cosmetic Confections.  But I suppose it was bound to happen.

After what could well be hundreds of thousands of dollars, I really do feel like I have obtained enough "stuff" lately my focus has been more on experiences.  After a while all the trends repeat themselves and all the colors end up looking the same.  Nothing seems innovative anymore.  Have I truly become jaded by consumerism?  Probably.

That is not to say that I lack wants.  I do still get excited when I see something that I like.  But as time goes on, it seems like it takes a lot more to get me excited about an item.  I assure you it is not because I have more self awareness as a consumer, honestly I'm not sure what it is.

I always thought of shopping as therapeutic.  Perhaps, I no longer require therapy.   




No comments:

Post a Comment