Friday, March 14, 2014

Fragrance of the Week: Bath and Body Works White Mango Chill

So technically it's a body splash even though it says "fine fragrance mist".

This was part of their Summer 2013 collection so sadly it's most likely no longer available.  I got my bottle during their semi-annual sale.


The notes in this fragrance are:

White mango, kiwi sorbet, frosted frozen strawberry, muguet blossom and blue sugarcane.

When I first spray this I get a sweet and tart tropical fruit note, very bright and refreshing.  Most likely this is the mango but it can also smell like oranges to me.  I get no kiwi note from this but I do pick up a soft and sweet strawberry note.  This is all grounded by a floral note that I assume is the muguet.  It also has an odd wintergreen or minty note that I only get a slight whiff of when I sniff closely.  No idea what that's about but it's kind of nice, like sniffing wint-o-green lifesavers.

All in all this is sweet, soft, a little plasticy and pretty unassuming.  Almost demure in nature once it has settled on the skin. 

While I can't say that I'm in love with it, I don't hate it either.  It's a scent that I would wear when I don't know what to wear but want a safe, non-vanilla change in scenery.

All around I can say that this is pleasant.  Really, just pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment