Friday, February 28, 2014

Happy Friday! Fragrance of the Week and My New Favorite Scrub

So to make up for missing last week's post I'm gonna double blurb you all.

Sounds nasty doesn't it?


First off my fragrance of the week is Mintea from Masaki Matsushima.

I got this such a long time ago from Sephora.  I mean really long ago, so I apologize if you want to try it but have a hard time finding it.  I'm sure you can still find it on ebay but I doubt it will be available in many stores.

I find this scent to be very reminiscent of a spa like scent that would be used in fancy hotels.  The notes are as follows:

Top: lemon, juniper berries, green tea and mint.

Middle: cucumber, bamboo, watermelon, lotus and lily of the valley

Base: mahogany, musk and reed

To me this smells refreshing and sweet, kind of like a mojito.

Judging by the notes I expected a more complex scent but on me it's pretty simple.  Sugared mint, with a hint of green tea, lemon and slightly floral.

The scent is innocent and sweet.  It's very much a scent I would wear to the office but also to a first date.  This is a fragrance for girls and maybe some ladies.  Definitely not a womanly at all.  It's sweet and coy and blushes easily.

Now then, onto my favorite scrub!

So my skin has been a bit defiant lately.  I've also been a bit neglectful and lazy so I suppose I deserve it.  But in an effort to put more focus on how I treat my body both inside and out (kind of failed with the inside part after eating a bunch of pizza today) I decided to look for natural ingredients that I could use to help my skin out.

First off I have a skin condition called dermographia.  It's a form of hives and I was told to control it with antihistamine until it goes away which may be never.

So I needed something that didn't irritate my skin.

Secondly, I tend to heat up really quickly so I sweat a lot and my pores end up all dirty and clogged.  In fact I've had 2 pretty bad pimples that only responded to my Tanda Light Therapy.

So I need something that will help remove dirt yet wash away cleanly.

Thirdly (is that a word?), I love a good scrub.  But perfect consistency can be an issue.  I want an effective scrub that doesn't irritate, yet leaves my skin exfoliated.

So this is what I came up with.


Isn't it amazing?  And it's pretty cheap to make too.

So to make this scrub, you'll need rice, flax seeds and green tea powder.  You also will need either a coffee grinder or a Magic Bullet (my weapon of choice) to grind it all together.

Rice, well you can get that most anywhere.  I just use basic white rice.

Flax seeds are easy to get from most supermarkets nowadays.  I got mine from  the 99 cent Only Store.

Green tea powder can be bought or made.  To make it all you do is put some green tea leaves (either loose leaf or cut open a few tea bags) into a coffee grinder and process until it is a fine powder.

So you add 1 part rice to 1 part flax seed (you can add a little more if you want).  Then add about 1/2 part green tea powder.

Blend it all together until it looks like crushed up graham crackers or almond meal.

The largest particles should be about the size of a grain of sand.

You can always blend more or less depending on how coarse you want the scrub to be.

Now when using the scrub, all you do is place some of the powder in the palm of you hand and add water a bit at a time until a paste forms.  The use it to scrub anywhere and everywhere and then rinse off.  If you want, you can leave the the scrub on for a couple of minutes before rinsing off to better reap the benefits of having all that good stuff in direct contact with you skin.

As always, if you experience irritation then don't use it.

That's all for me.  Hope everyone has a great weekend and stay safe.  It's all sorts of rainy over here.

Live Happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment