Friday, February 14, 2014

Fragrance of the Week: L'Artisan Parfumeur Explosions D'Emotions Amour Nocturne

Yes, another stupidly expensive perfume!  But hell, it's Valentine's Day and this scent gets me in the sensual Valentine's mood.

L'Artisan came out with the Explosion D'Emotions collection I believe last year.  This collection consists of 3 fragrances: Deliria, Skin on Skin and Amour Nocturne.

As I was told, this collection was meant to interpret the stages of romance.  Deliria- infatuation, Skin on Skin- lust, Amour Nocturne- intimacy.


When I sniffed this collection I thought for sure I would get Skin on Skin (hello iris, saffron and musk!) but I ended up with Amour Nocturne.  I honestly don't know how that happened.  Maybe I have too many scents that share the same notes as Skin on Skin, maybe I was just surprised at how good Amour Nocturne smelled on me.

As for Deliria, it makes me think that I'm in Mariah Carey's Fantasy music video.  It smelled really nice but it wasn't anything special on me.

Now, the notes for Amour Nocturne are: Cedar, milk, caramel, gun powder and orchid.

The cedar note is front and center and with the creamy sweetness of milk and caramel it smells almost fuzzy.  In fact if I had to describe it as a texture I would say it reminds me of velvet.  Maybe because I had a velvet lined cedar jewelry box as a kid......

The orchid give a faint floral note that works well with the sweetness of the scent.  It almost feels like the scent is a balancing act.  Strong cedar and gun powder with soft milk and orchid with a little caramel to stick it all together.

The notes aren't competing with each other.  They are actually melding together.  The finish... simultaneous.

Yeah that was a little dirty..... but so is this fragrance.

The price is steep but on the plus side you do get a lot of it.  It's $280 for 125ml (that's 4.22 fl. oz.)

Not to mention a little goes a long way and lasts a long time.  Honestly, I would never use more than 2 sprays of this for my entire body.  Hell, even 2 sprays is pushing it sometimes.

That's all for now.  If you're looking to test this scent then you can find it at Barneys, the L'Artisan site and at LuckyScent.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Enjoy your 3 Day weekend if you have it.

Stay Safe and Live Happy!  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment