Saturday, February 8, 2014

Fragrance of the Week: Bois 1920 Come L'Amore

The weather has been quite dreary and I'm kind of at a loss for what to wear when it gets rainy.  Do I want something to remind me of warmth and comfort?  Or should I go with something that would compliment the freshness of rain?

I kind of went in between......


Come L'Amore (Italian for "like love") is a limited edition fragrance from Bois 1920.  However, it's still available at Barneys so I'm guessing it was a one off but had a large amount of bottles produced.  Also, it's pricey as hell so that could explain why it's still available.

 Top notes: Calabrian green tangerine, South African freesia, solar accord, mirabelle plum pulp and white tea.

Middle notes: Sambac jasmine, Egyptian jasmine absolute, Imperial gardenia, Brazilian seringa, wild lily, Grasse rose and pink pepper.

Base notes: Atlas cedar, Siam benzoin, white musk, styrax and orcanox.

Orcanox is similar to ambroxan and I believe seringa is lilac.

This scent is powdery, floral and warm yet has an effervescence to it that brightens the entire scent.  The scent is definitely jasmine but it's not annoying cloying like so many jasmine scents can be.  The cedar and musk give it a sturdy base with the benzoin sweetening it up just a bit.

If I had to interpret this fragrance into something more tangible then I think it would be equivalent to a cashmere sweater.

This scent is warm and cozy yet fresh.  At $230 for 100ml it's definitely a splurge.  But I can tell you that the fragrance lasts a long time (more so if sprayed on a textile) and wears close enough to the skin where someone would have to be sitting next to you in order to notice it.

That's all for that!  Sorry for posting late and don't forget that this weekend is Daylight Savings!

Live Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment