Saturday, January 25, 2014

Fragrance of the Week: Comptoir Sud Pacific Amour de Cacao

This week's scent is a bit of a curve ball.  While there is a huge part of me that enjoys foody scents, it's usually not in the form of a fragrance.

But this one is a definite exception.


Comptoir Sud Pacific (CSP) may be more known for their other fragrances such as Vanille Coco or Vanille Abricot  but Amour de Cacao is in a league of its own

The notes are orange zest, cocoa bean, starfruit and vanilla pod.

The most prominent notes are chocolate and vanilla.  But this smells like an authentic chocolate, something I find that is usually difficult for most perfumes to mimic.

The orange zest is barely there and I get no hint of starfruit.... but honestly, what does starfruit smell like? Everytime I eat starfruit I don't smell anything.

This scent is very fun yet somehow grown up.  It almost smells as if you dusted yourself with coca powder and vanilla sugar.  I remember spraying this once on the street and some exclaimed, " Mmmm!  I smell cookies!"

So there you have it!  If you want to smell damn near edible then give this scent a try!

Have a great weekend and live happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment