Friday, January 24, 2014

Grand Re-Opening for Missha US Website

So after their holiday sale, Missha did a mini overhaul of their US site.  Some may find this to be good news others might have liked the older system better.

What do I think?


Well as a VIP member I have to say that I for one miss the older system.  The VIP page used to consist of select items at 50% off.  And I constantly checked the page to see when the items rotated.

In the new system, there are 2 prices.  The top price is the regular price and the bottom (pink) price is the VIP pricing.  The discount is also a lot lower at only 20% off. You have the added benefit that you can make VIP purchases from the entire site and not just a select page.  However it does make me wish that I didn't lag on buying all that snail cream and sheet masks that I wanted.  At only 20% I will probably not get them anymore.  I know..... I'm a cheapo.

Also, prices for some of the popular items have all been reduced.  The Perfect Cover, Signature and Cho Bo Yang BB creams are slightly lower in price now.  I'm guessing because these are popular and they are able to reduce the pricing to get more people to buy it.

The gift with purchase has also been modified.  Before, if you spent a certain amount you would get a set gift.  Now you have options given of which gift you would like to get.  The only downside is that they look kind of junkie.

There is also a birthday gift that you can redeem on the month of your birthday.  I have no idea what it is yet, but if someone knows please let me know in the comments below.

You will also get 10% cash back on all purchases that will go towards future purchases.  I hate this type of promotion mainly because you will feel inclined to shop at a store that you know you have "credit " in just to not waste it.  It's a sneaky ploy to get return customers.

The new lower prices will replace their big sales.  As for now, I am not impressed.  In my eyes they made the benefits of being a VIP customer worse and they are offering more gifts but of less quality.  This is not making me want to be a return customer or continue my VIP status.

I usually make large orders during sales or if I find something on the VIP page that would make good gifts.  This is how I like it.  I also liked that I could stock up at times of sales.  Almost everyone I know does that.  No one I know really needs minor savings year round.  We much prefer to stock up at times of sales.

With the big sales gone and the VIP discounts slashed to a fraction of what it used to be, I don't think that I will be frequenting this site much in the future.  I will probably still make purchases on my necessities but I doubt I will make the large orders that I have in the past.

My wallet thanks you Misshaus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment