Friday, January 17, 2014

Fragrance of Week: Parfums DelRae Panache

Real life has been busy (and stressful).

So this post is a little late and I apologize.

This week, my fragrance is Panache from Parfums DelRae.

I really love this scent so much that when Barneys decided not to carry the brand anymore and put the remaining stock on sale, I got 3 bottles of the stuff.


Suffice it to say, I will not be without panache for quite some time.

The fragrance wears very close to the skin and is unisex so that both men and women can enjoy it.  When I wear this I get an air of confidence, this is the perfume I would wear to a job interview.

The notes are as follows:

Top notes: ambrette seed absolute, baies roses CO2 orpur, Italian bergamot orpur magnolia flower orpur, rum extract

Middle: geranium Egypt orpur, ylang ylang orpur, jasmine absolute sambac, cardamom absolute, honeysuckle, orris butter, Haitian vetyver, cedarwood Atlas orpur, oakwood extract

Base: captive musks (cosmone, serenolide, moxalone), olibanum Somalia orpur, golden amber, white honey

Now if you're wondering what an orpur is, you can take a look here.

For me this scent is mostly musk.  I love musk so I have no problems wearing this day or night.  The initial spray has a sweetness to it (thanks to the ylang and jasmine) that gradually fades away.  As the day progresses, the scent unfolds beautifully and smoothly leaving no awkward drydown phases like some other perfumes can.

This scent is pretty expensive, $150 will get you 50ml of this stuff.  But I will say that it has the characteristic lasting power that I usually find in musks and wears well all day and night.  Also note that the price of this fragrance is reflected on by the components.  I got to meet DelRae in person and she stressed that only the finest ingredients are used to make her fragrances.  One sniff and you can tell that it wasn't some marketing gimmick.  In this case, you do pay for quality and you do get what you pay for.

You can find this fragrance at Luckyscent or you can get it directly from the source here.

That's all for me.  I hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend!

Live Happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment