Thursday, November 14, 2013

Shu Uemura Lip & Cheek Fun-tasy: Lip and Cheek Tint in Heroine Rose

I got a package from Shu Uemura today....

Shipping was a lot faster than expected, however I do still have another order that they have yet to fill.  I'm also a little sad because the tote that I thought would be given to me was not the one I received.  I mean, I like this tote as well but I thought it would be a white tote with an all over pattern.


But honestly, I'm just thankful to have a tote.  I believe they ran out pretty quickly.


In my order, I got the Lip and Cheek Fun-tasy for the Holiday 2013 collection.  I have to say that this tube is pretty impressive.  If you're on the fence about this product I suggest just taking the plunge and getting it.

The color I got was Heroine Rose.  I would have to describe it more as a mauve rather than a rose.  The handy squeeze tube allows you to squeeze out as much or as little as you want.  The color on my lips melts right in and looks pretty without being overly made up.  The tint is actually not a tint, it's really pigmented.  It also contains 15g of product so it will last a long time.

So cute!  I love the design and how the color of the heart matches the color inside.

What the product looks like rubbed in.  It is not shiny at all and it blends out beautifully to tint the cheeks.
The formula on this "tint" is amazing.  Unlike MAC Casual Colour, this product has a mostly matte finish that I think will appeal to a lot more people.  When I first applied this to my lips, my first thought was how much this feels like Chanel's Rouge Allure Velvet.  The formula feels almost velvety and is incredibly lightweight.

On the skin, it blends in and lightly stains to add a bit of blush.  It will enhance flaky or dry spots so make sure your skin is well exfoliated and moisturized.

After wearing it on my lips for a while I did notice a bit of dryness, a balm underneath would probably be a good idea.  This also won't last through a meal but it will last through a few drinks so be sure to take it along if you intend to eat.

There is no noticeable smell to my nose and no flavor I can detect.

So there ya have it!  I love this product.  It gives me a beautiful flush with a matte finish and the squeeze tube is much more sanitary than the pot that comes with the MAC Casual Color.

Hope this was helpful, remember that this is limited edition so if you want it then don't wait too long.

Have a great day and live happy!    

No comments:

Post a Comment