Friday, November 15, 2013

Fragrance of the Week: Frederic Malle Iris Poudre

I love iris more than Ron Burgundy loves scotch.  The flower, the fragrance, how they will grow even in foggy San Francisco, everything!

In fact I have loved every iris based fragrance I have smelled except for Prada's Infusion d'Iris.  That being said, it is only natural that I would gravitate towards Iris Poudre.


You can find information about Iris Poudre here.  You can also find it at Barneys New York either in store or online.

From the online description:

 Iris expresses raw classical beauty. Tonka bean, musk and vanilla bring softness and warmth, while the base of sandalwood and vetiver adds a melodious resonance. The unparalleled quality of the raw materials used and Pierre Bourdon’s skills make of Iris Poudre a perfume that always evolves and from which one never tires. If Iris Poudre were a garment, it would be a cashmere sweater – classic but personal. A magnificent floral aldehydic.

I couldn't agree more with comparing the scent to a cashmere sweater.  On me, it opens up as a cool and almost chilly floral.  I assume that's the aldehydic quality.  It then becomes powdery but still maintains that iris note.

As it mellows, the musk comes out and I get a small hint of sandalwood and vanilla that makes this fragrance warm up and feel absolutely cozy and nuzzle-worthy.

This fragrance is clean, floral, warm, and cozy.

This scent is also one that does not need reapplying throughout the day for me.  As time passes, it just wear closer to the skin but sticks to me like glue.  It's been over 12 hours since I've sprayed this on and I still get wonderful hints of it when I press my nose to my collar.

This is definitely a cold/stormy weather fragrance for me.  I suppose I am fortunate that winter is coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment