Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Cosmetic: Diorskin Nude Shimmer Instant Illuminating Powder

It finally arrived!  And I couldn't be happier.

I've been contemplating the need for a proper highlighter.  One that doesn't look overly glittery, pink, yellow or bronze.


I purchased this compact during the Dior Charity Auction for $45.  This included a personalized engraving with my initials.

Honestly it feels like I waited forever for this thing to come in the mail.

The description of this item is as follows:

Diorskin Nude Shimmer: the 1st instant radiance enhancer by Dior, for a vibrant, ultra-modern Nude complexion that captures the light.

This powder is a finely milled, slightly harder pressed golden champagne highlighter.  It comes with a wide sponge tipped applicator that is suppose to deposit the perfect amount onto the skin.  I find that the applicator works really well for applying to certain areas, but if you want and allover glow then your best bet is a fluffy brush.

Did I sell you on it?  Here's some pictures.



I couldn't be happier with the engraving.

Swatched right under my index knuckle. 

Here I applied it to my browbone, cheekbone and down the front of my nose.  Forgive the red contact lenses.

As you can see, when I use it on my face it give a glow from within.  It does enhance pores slightly so best to use a light hand with it.

If you want this highlighter, best of luck finding it.  You can still get this online in a few places but every brick and mortar store I've been to has sold out.

Now is the perfect time to dust off the highlighter.  A bright face is the perfect remedy for a gloomy day and holiday parties are the perfect excuse to look luminous and radiant.

Hope this was informative and I hope I've inspired you to break out the highlighter.

Have a great week and live happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment