Saturday, November 9, 2013

OCC All Star Mini: A Sephora Exclusive x 4 Set

Sigh the holidays are here.  Where does the time go?

So today I have a little set that was lust at first site for me.  If you like OCC Lip Tars then you're gonna want this set.  But before you rush into it, read the reviews at the Sephora website here and read on about my thoughts of this mini lip tar set.


Also, if you're a VIB then you still have a couple of days to get this for 20% off.  At $16 it's a good deal.  I couldn't wait though and paid full price.  I feel vindicated though because I exchanged the original kit I bought for a new kit so at least I know it's a consistent problem.

Well then!


The kit comes with 4 mini sized Lip Tars and one precision brush for application.  The amount in each tube is labeled 2.5ml (a regular tube is 10ml).  The colors included are: Memento, NSFW, Anime and Black Dahlia.


Pros:

I love these colors!  The only one I bought previous to this on is Strumpet and it has lasted me forever.

The kit is a great way to try out different colors and the tubes are even more portable than the full sized Lip Tar.

These would also make great stocking stuffers.

Cons:

Four colors and only one brush.

Colors may not be for everyone.

Brush is a little difficult to remove from plastic bag.

Colors on all lip tars are about half-full.

No real value.  For the size of 1 full sized Lip Tar you pay $2 more.  Where on earth do they get a $34 value from?

Now for reference, I placed a 4ml tube next to the mini lip tar.  The tube is filled with 2.5ml of water.  Now given how much water is in the tube, the Lip Tars should be dang near full.  But they aren't.  When I first tried these they were all about half full.  I went to Sephora to exchange my original kit for a new one from the back and it's the same thing with the new kit.

2.5ml of water in 4ml tube next to Lip Tar mini.  According to the packaging, there should be 2.5ml of Lip Tar in each tube.

Comparison of diameters between the two tubes.

So, would I buy this kit again?  Honestly if I got it for $16 I'd be okay with that, but at $20 that would be a negative on that.  I mean even at half full I think these colors will last me a long time but I hate not getting what I paid for.

Should you get it?  If you want it get it.  But just know that you might not be getting your money's worth.  This is still a great way to try out different shades of Lip Tars and I am glad that I got it but I do feel gypped.

Would I recommend it?  Honestly, no.  I can't recommend this kit since all of the tubes are so under-filled.

That's all for me this long weekend.  I hope you have a great Veteran's Day and take a minute to thank all of the men and women who have put their lives at risk for fighting for our country.

Live Happy!










No comments:

Post a Comment