Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Confection Blurp: Chocolatier BLUE Chili

So today I spent my day off wandering downtown.  As usual I did some browsing and some shopping and discovered a new favorite chocolate shop on Market St.

Chocolatier BLUE has locations in Berkeley and HOLY CRAP Santana Row!  As well as San Francisco, Omaha, Lincoln NE and Denver.



I bought 10 flavors but before I knew it all but 4 were in my belly.  By the way, as I'm writing this I have totally devoured all of them.

Today I present to you CHILI!


Crushed red pepper flakes are steeped in far-fresh cream and blended with organic butter for a fiery dark chocolate creation.

Other than being gorgeous, the chocolate is smooth and creamy and dark without being bitter.  The heat from the chili gives just a slight bite and lets the flavor shine through.

Not too spicy and not too sweet.  This is almost as sophisticated as chocolate gets for me.  A definite winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment