Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Shu Uemura and Takashi Murakami Team Up to Make Your Holidays a Little Brighter!

Oh hells!  Well I think I'm in trouble.

So just as the post states, Murakami is doing a collab with Shu Uemura this holiday.  This is to promote his (Murakami's) upcoming artwork "6 Heart Princess".

You can see the collection here.  Also, if you spend $25 and enter in SHUTOTE at checkout you get a free limited edition Takashi Murakami tote bag.  The pictures make the bag seem miniscule compared to the model but I'm hoping that's just bad photoshop.


What is even more perfect is that there's free shipping on all orders and because they pulled out their stores in the US, there's no tax!

So what should you get?

Well, if you just want the tote and are a lover of all lip products then the Lip & Cheek Fun-tasy colors will be right up your alley.  They come in 5 shades so you're bound to find something that will suite you.

Something I would totally get if I would use it, is the Heart and Flower S Curler.  This is too cute and I love the design of the lash curler.  Unfortunately it's $1 shy of snagging you a tote bag (tricky Shu) but it's really cute and it would make a wonderful gift for those that love to curl their lashes but hate getting the sides of their eyes pinched by conventional curlers.

------------------- Pointless Tangent ------------------- 
Why wouldn't I get it?  Alas, unlike a lot of my friends, I just happen to be the Asian girl whose lashes naturally curl upward...... so I find all lash curlers pretty pointless.

I swear though as a kid they pointed downward.  I have no idea what happened to them.  I also had only one crease growing up and that would alternate eyes.  The days I had 2 creased eyes were good ones.....
------------------- End Tangent ------------------- 

They also have Eye and Cheek Palettes here and here.  

There's nail polish duos here and here.

False lashes, a brush set, eyeliners and cleansing oil round out the line-up.

If you still want the bag but don't want anything in the collection, I usually can never go wrong with a pair of Smokey Layers lashes.  I say usually and not always because sometimes the lashes are ridiculously uneven.  The cut is always perfect but I sometimes have issue with the hairs on the lashes being 2 different lengths.

Also, if you're feeling nostalgic, they still have some items from the Karl for Shu collection.

Well that's all for me.  Hope everyone is having a great week so far and I hope it just gets better.

Live Happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment