Tuesday, September 17, 2013

3.1 Phillip Lim for Target Thoughts

No pictures, if you wanted pictures then I suppose I failed you.  Just my experience with this collection so far.

So last Sunday 3.1 Phillip Lim premiered at Target.  This was a big deal since the hot items to get were cheaper purses designed to look similar to the ones he has in his main line.


While I did make it to a Target right after the doors opened, I ended up leaving soon after.  For one, most all of the stuff was gone and also there was nothing I really wanted.

I was pining for the yellow mini but once I saw it I was turned off by it.  I was expecting a bright sunny yellow and it was more of a dirty mustard yellow. SIGH....

I wanted the BOOM! scarf and none was to be found.  I wanted to see the powerline dress and that was online only.  

I did go to a few more Targets though since I was out and about already and curious to see which Targets had what.

I ended up buying the BOOM sweatshirt and the floral shirtdress.  I tried on a few other items but nothing really interested me.  In fact, the BOOM sweatshirt was something I bought to mull over but will likely return.

I was able to find the BOOM! scarf online the next day and it is on its way to me now.

SO WHAT IF YOU STILL HAVE ITEMS YOU WANT?

Don't give up the hunt.  I mean unless you wanted a bag that is.  Those things are selling for more than double the MSRP on ebay.  The likelihood of getting a bag now is really slim.  Same with the scarves.

As for clothing, a lot of people bought multiple sizes to see which one they liked better.  I did the same thing and I am still deciding which to keep.  As the days go on there will be more and more returns hitting the stores (including online only items).  If there really is a clothing item you want (such as the BOOM sweatshirt) most likely you will find it in the next few weeks as people start returning items that didn't work.

Also note that Target has a pretty long return policy.  Those assholes that bought a bunch of stuff solely for resale will most likely be returning items that didn't sell.

Just know that just because you didn't get what you wanted the first day doesn't mean all hope is lost.

Live Happy and Happy Hunting! 


2 comments:

  1. I couldn't get myself out of bed to make it to a Target at 8am since I did most of my shopping online but like you I was disappointed by the yellow color of the handbags (but that isn't stopping me from keeping mine). I thought it was a much more muted yellow than I had hoped. It works as a nice fall yellow but I was wishing for a spring/summer bright yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of the items photographed lighter than in person. I noticed this mainly with the yellow bags and the BOOM sweatshirt. Hopefully in future collaborations they will have more color accurate pictures.

      Delete