Monday, June 17, 2013

Sunday Blues: Nail Polish Sale at Sephora Yet No Lashes From Hautelook

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

In case you haven't been to Sephora lately, their Sephora by OPI nail polish brand is being purged and they are selling these bad boys at least 50% off.

They are introducing a new line called Sephora X.  I seriously thought they were doing a collaboration with the new Wolverine movie.


The new Sehpora X line has a polish that looks eerily similar to Lynderella's Connect the Dots.  That actually makes me a little angry.  Too bad she couldn't patent the polish effect.  Actually the nail polish being mass produced nowadays makes me a little angry in general because I first saw these great ideas coming to life from indie polish sellers.  Now big corporations are stealing their ideas and selling them as if they were their own.  I really don't think this is cool and at the very least the originators should be acknowledged.

I know this sounds naive but I think that if big corporations like certain colors from an indie polish maker than how much more awesome would it be to do a collaboration with them rather than steal their ideas.

But I digress.......

If you like the Sephora by OPI line, then I urge you to head to your nearest Sephora and check out some colors before they are all gone.  I personally really like the formula of their polishes but stopped buying because they were getting more expensive than OPI.  Now that they are 50% off I might need to stock up on 212 if I can find it.

Also it has been a month now and I still haven't gotten my lashes from Hautelook.  I also see on the Velour Lashes site that the style I got is on backorder.  I don't blame Hautelook for this at all but it is annoying when companies don't have enough stock on hand to fulfill orders.  A lot of the lashes sold out so I would assume that they would have at least that much on hand.

I was so disenchanted thinking about my stupid lashes that I ended up cancelling my other order from them.  That was a week ago and I have yet to see any status updates on that as well.  I don't think I'll be buying from them anymore.  Such a shame too because since they were taken over by Nordstrom I was expecting an even better experience than before.  I guess I was expecting too much.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Live happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment