Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Elbaz-ize Your Eyes: Alber Elbaz for Lancome

So Operation Cheapskate was kind of a bust.

I did learn some important lessons though and although I fell short of totally reigning in my impulse to stimulate the economy, I find that I have been able to cut down a lot in regards to spending and have started to use up a lot of stuff that I was hoarding.

Onto the good stuff yeah?


If you haven't heard Alber Elbaz is doing a collection for Lancome that focused solely on the eyes.  Good news for people on a budget is that all the items (other than the false lashes) are permanent items repackaged in the whimsy that is Elbaz.

The lashes are a whopping $35!  They come in a cute box and are gorgeous lashes.  The band is thick on these so they better for dramatic eyes.  If you're looking for similar lashes and don't care about the box, Shu Uemura Black V False Eyelashes are a good substitute.  An even cheaper alternative would be M093 Mystic Lashes if you can find them.

But I went ahead and pre-ordered the Lancome lashes.  The Nordstrom SA that helped me out said one of her customers bought 15 pairs!  She said she thinks that she will use them as gifts to friends.  A lady that spends over $500 on lashes as gifts is a lady I need to know.  I also got a tube of Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara for good measure.  I think that's all I will get for this collection so I didn't do too badly.

The SA was showing me some promotional GWP that can also be had with spending tiers.

For Nordstrom at Valley Fair, on Saturday they will be having a Lancome and Vogue event, $50 will get you a Lancome gift with purchase.  At $100, you also get a cute 2 sided mirror compact featuring the cute doodles of the collection on the top and a stationary set decorated with the collection's doodles.

Hope that helps to brighten up anyone's Manic Monday.

Live Happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment