Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Fragrance of the Day: Escada Sexy Graffiti Re-Promote

I love fragrances and if you've ever seen my house you would be able to see that.

There's something magical about fragrance.  It makes a bigger impression than make up yet it is colorless.

Today I am wearing Escada's Sexy Graffiti.


Note:  This is an older limited edition fragrance from them that has been re-promoted.  When it came out I was a poor girl in middle school so I never bought the full sized original, I bought a mini bottle that I have to this day.  But I always sprayed myself silly with it when I went to Nordstrom (this was before you could make your own samples).  I recently acquired another sample of the re-promote at Sephora.  Nice that they give samples, not to nice that it was only half full.......

So I wear it today and it smells not quite as magical.

The notes are:
Wild Strawberry, Raspberry, Pink Grapefruit, Blackcurrant, Lilly of the Valley, Red Peony, Violet, Cashmeran, Vanilla, Musks.

To me it smells sexy.  Not seductive sexy, but girl at the club sexy.  I smell more grapefruit with the re-promote than I do with my original mini.  But citrus notes are more volatile so it could be that they just deteriorated from my original after all these years.  the bulk of the fragrance lasts until lunch time but I can still smell hints of it even after work.

It almost smells like Sexy Graffiti and Tropical Punch had a baby.  While I like it well enough, I don't like it enough to buy it.  The original Sexy Graffiti smells sexy but in not such a youthful way.  If the original Sexy Graffiti was a recent college graduate then the re-promote would be her little sister in high school.

If I want a super youthful fragrance I have those.  In this case, they don't make them like they used to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment