Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Shu Uemura Shipping Sucks! Disappointment and a Valuable Lesson

So I got my Smokey Layers eyelashes last week.  I bought 2 pairs so that I wouldn't need to buy them for a while. It took about 10 days to get to me using Fed Ex which is weird because they ended up handing to USPS to deliver to me.



One pair looked fine but the other pair was totally mismatched!  One of the lashes was noticeably shorter than the other lash.  This did not make me a happy camper as these lashes are not cheap.

However, instead of returning one pair of lashes and waiting for a refund I took out my handy razor cutter.

You can get these at Daiso as well as replacement blades.

A few swipes had both of the lashes looking more symmetrical but much shorter.

Sorry, no pics. My camera is at someone else's house.

Now I normally would have tried to cut down the lashes with scissors and use them as a base for stacking.  But that's what you do with cheap lashes.  The razor cutter allows the ends of the lashes to still maintain a taper.  And while I would never be able to find a proper use for the beautiful and mismatched flaring of, the lashes near the base had a beautiful criss cross that I would still be able to use.

So there you have it!  When Shu Uemura sells you grossly uneven lashes, you make shorter caterpillar lashes with a razor comb you get for $1.50 at Daiso.

 They might not be what you wanted, but at least they're salvageable.

Ah the things I do for false lashes.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment