Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Cosmetic and Confection: Review of Missha Pure Source Sheet Mask and Some Pandamonium


The baby shower is over and I'm almost fully rested.  I honestly can't believe that I gained 5 pounds this weekend gorging.  I also feel like crap because of it.  Mainly because of poor food choices.  But as we know the poorer the food choice, the better it tastes.

So onto the cosmetic:

This is more skincare and less cosmetic but whatever.

The Missha US site has a promotion going on with their snail line.  This is really kind of tempting since I've heard so many good things about snail slime.  If you're interested now is a good time to try it out.

In my last order I bought a bunch of sheet masks.  I tried a few and as far as masks go I think they run pretty average.  However, it's hard for me to be impressed with sheet masks in general since I haven't had an awe-inspiring experience.  I even tried some Dior sheet masks and wasn't too impressed.

So these masks are suppose to help with certain skin concerns whether it be moisturizing, anti-aging or problem skin.




The first 4 ingredients on all the masks I got are: water, glycerin, butylene glycol and denatured alcohol.

Surprisingly high on the list of ingredients is the active ingredient extract: ex. honey, green tea, raspberry, etc.

Now if you're sensitive to alcohol then these might not be for you.  Upon application I found the mask tingled slightly but easily got used to it.  The tea tree oil mask was a lot stronger than I was expecting and I found it to be a little irritating.  The rest of the masks I tried didn't feel so bad: Honey, Caviar, Green Tea and Raspberry.

After 20 minutes my skin felt refreshed and soft.  I didn't suffer any breakouts and I was able to skip my moisturizer when I used the Honey mask.

So all in all do I think it's a necessity?  No, but it is nice to have once in a while.  I think a regular mask that comes in a tube is more affordable over the long run, but it's nice to have the variety.

Does it work?  Well, that's a tricky one to answer.  I haven't been using these for very long at all and I can't say for sure if they do.  All I can say is my skin does feel refreshed during the application and softer afterwards.

Would I buy them again?  Yes I would.  They do provide a quick pick me up and they're less messy than tradition face masks.  But I think in my next order I'm going to try some of the other sheet masks they carry.

Confection!

Finally right!  So I did a few items for my friend's baby shower.  And I have to say that I will never become an event planner or caterer.  So much time and stress.  I did however, successfully make cake pops and a panda cookies.  So I guess I have 2 new things to add to my baking resume.



The cake pops were so hard to do at first but after doing about 2 dozen of them I got the flow and worked pretty efficiently.  I think if I ever make them again I won't have as much struggle.




The panda cookies were super cute and super deformed  looking.......




This was a fun late night project.  These also froze really well.  Out of the freezer some were a little soft and the butter tasted kind of weird, almost old.  But I knew my butter was fresh and once they got to room temperature they were all crunchy and yummy again.  I kept a piece of stale bread in the container to absorb moisture.  Worked like a charm.

For the cookie dough I used a whoopie pie recipe from Bakerella.  I only added one jumbo egg though instead of 2 eggs.

I also made a version of Easy Little Pandas with the mom-to-be but my version didn't look as cute.....

So there you have an edited post on what I've been up to.

Live Happy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment