Friday, April 5, 2013

Charlotte Ronson: A Perfect Mess Beach Hair

After getting my hair cut in November of last year I looked for products that could give me messy texture without feeling dirty.

I tried waxes and gels to no avail.  I even tried my tried and true 1:1 mix of super strength gel and body lotion and that didn't give me the desired results.

What did work?  A Perfect Mess Beach Hair.

I wouldn't have even bought it had I not gotten a $20 shopping credit from Sephora and a free shipping code.

This product is meant to be used on wavy hair to create a soft beachy effect.  However, having short, straight hair and needing some light texture this totally hits the spot.

A few things to note though.....

This works best on day old washed hair.  I use it on freshly shampooed hair and after a few hours the texture is gone.  My hair just looks clean.

It's not just for giving texture either.  I find if I use this all over my hair when wet and blowdry I get pretty good density.  Not really volume per se, but my hair feels plusher and a bit rough.  Perfect for styling.

It can turn into a greasy mess.  Especially if you use it on dirty hair.  This product will buy you one more day before you need to wash your hair.

How I usually go about applying this is a spray a few pumps into my hands and rub over the top layers of my hair.  If I use this on wet hair I spray directly on my head.

The best part is that this spray lasts a good while.  I bought this in December and have been using it as my primary styler.  I think I've only gone through half the bottle so far and the spray pump give a fairly fine mist so it distributes evenly.

This is now on sale at Sephora.com so if you've been wanting to try it now is a good time.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Enjoy life and live happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment