Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Comparison Post: Missha Perfect Cover and Signature Real Complete BB Cream in # 23

So I finally got in my order from the Missha US site today.  To say that I'm addicted to their stuff would be fairly apt.

For their 4th year anniversary I got a free Night Repair Activator Ampule and because my total purchase was over $100 I got a free tube of Signature Real BB Cream in shade 23.

Now I have to say I'm very excited to try the ampule but probably won't since I have so much other skincare to get through.

I did however get a sample of their Perfect Cover BB cream in shade 23 so I thought I would compare the 2 BB creams in case you are using one and are wondering if the corresponding shade will also work since the descriptions are slightly different.

Now the formulas are totally different and I have found that the Perfect Cover is longer lasting but can break me out.  The Signature Real is gentler but not as full coverage.  Also the price is can totally influence whether or not you want to purchase it.

I previously got the Signature Real BB cream in shade 21 from a previous gift with purchase and while it's close to the Perfect Cover in 21 it's slightly pinker on my skin.

As for #23, let's take a look:


Signature Real on top and Perfect Cover on the bottom.  Fresh from the package.


The colors look different when you first squeeze them out.  The Signature Real initially starts out darker but the Perfect Cover oxidizes quickly to match.

Perfect Cover left and Signature Real right.  You can see the edges on the Perfect Cover starting to darken.

Once blended out though and left to oxidize (about 5 minutes) both formulas are pretty indistinguishable.

They look very similar.  See the right edge of each color as I tried to blend it out.


Different lighting to show you how it blends out.  Click to enlarge.

So there you have it.  If you're using the Perfect Cover BB cream in #23 and want to try the Signature Real BB cream then you will most likely have a good match with #23 from that as well.

Hope that was helpful! 

2 comments:

  1. Can you tell me what bbcream of this two, has more coverege? o: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect Cover is both thicker in consistency and in my experience has more coverage but can look too thick on. Signature Real can be layered to achieve more coverage but the formula is a lot lighter in consistency and looks better when used for achieving a natural look.

      Delete