Thursday, February 14, 2013

Barney's Love Yourself Event: Is It Even Worth It?

So I have no new info on the bag as I have not been able to get to a store just yet.  I am actually contemplating whether or not to waste the gas money to go and even see if it's worth it.

If you go here and here you will find more information on step up gifts and the gift bag itself.  I even got a call from my SA twice about the event.  But I was holding out until I saw what was really in the bag.

Some things do look good.  I can vouch for the Koh Gen Do cleansing wipes.  But the rest looks kind of blah.  I mean if you Google the Love yourself event you will see the bag in previous years either had more in quantity or quality (sometimes both).  

There have been various reports on bag contents depending on which Barneys you got your gift from.  These bags vary greatly even within the same store.  Last year in the SF store I got not one single full sized product.  I know of others who did but even with my pre-sell I didn't get anything that wowed me.  The step up gifts I got were amazing though and my SA did a really great job trying to take care of me.

Honestly I think I feel bad for all the SA's out there because this is a huge event that can influence their paycheck greatly and they have to work ridiculously harder at it now because the vendors decided to cut back.

As for me I think I'm decided.  I haven't even opened some of the items I got last Fall, I have everything in stock and I'm on Operation Cheapskate.

So will I be participating this time?  That's a negative.

Hopefully enough unhappy customers will make a difference and the bag will come back in the Fall better than before.  But until then, my money will not be going there.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment