Thursday, December 6, 2012

Review Time: Missha The Style Perfect Eyebrow Styler

Update!!!!
So apparently I'm a dum dum and I didn't realize that you can buy refills for these pencils (if they ever get them) by pulling out the pencil end and snapping in a new refill.  So my brain started working and I decided to pull the smudger end off the pencil and.....
Pencil can be pulled apart for refills or to switch smudger with spoolie.
It indeed comes with a spoolie!  Now I love it even more!  The spoolie is larger and softer than my Dior one so I will assume it's less irritating to the skin.  But on the same note I don't think it will be as precise on blending.

Dior Brow Styler spoolie (top) Missha Eyebrow Styler spoolie (bottom).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I bought this eyebrow pencil in hopes of finding a cheaper alternative to my Diorshow Brow Styler.  I got this in shade Grey Brown in hopes that it would look more natural.

So there's a few things about this pencil that are different from my beloved Dior.

flash
no flash
First:  There's more than one color.  This pencil comes in 6 different shades.  Dior only comes in Universal Brown.
Top: Missha, Bottom: Dior

Top: Missha, Bottom: Dior
Second:  For some reason there's no spoolie in the Missha one, only a smudger.

Third:  There's a cap for both ends on the Missha one.  There's only a cap for the spoolie with the Dior one which always irked me.

Fourth:  The formula for the Missha one seems waxier than Dior. Initially the product is a lot lighter on first stroke than Dior.  But the waxy formula helps to keep brows in place a little better and glides more smoothly over the hairs.

Fifth:  The shape of these two brow pencils is totally different.  The Dior is a fine pointed pencil (similar to MAC).  The Missha one is a triangular shaped pencil that has a tapered end and a wide end.  This allows for easier shading of the whole brow but also lets you use the tapered tip for fine details or for finishing the tail of the brows.

All in all I do think I'm in love.  I only wish I ordered it in Dark Brown as well instead of ordering 2 Grey Brown.  The Grey Brown shade is a bit more intense on me than I thought it would be.  Great for a night out but a little much for everyday.

So......

Would I buy this again?  Yes, a million times yes.  Not only is this a great brow pencil but I have finally found a replacement for my much more expensive Dior brow pencil.

Should you get this?  Only if you're looking for a brow pencil with a waxier formula that starts off light and gets darker with layering.  Since my brows are pretty much full  I only need a pencil to define my arch.  If your brows are thinner this will also work but I think that it might be best on brows that don't need to be drawn in too much.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. nice post. i want a buy black one.
    hey would you mind to follow each other? http://artesya-inggitta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete