Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Review Time! Missha Creamy Matte Lip Rouge

I want to apologize about the lack of confections lately.  I recently started the Paleo Diet to help with my allergies and asthma.  But fear not since this is the holiday season and I do need to use up some supplies.  So there will be confections soon, just a little later.

On to the review!  I got shade PK01 (Lovely Angel)

This lipstick is touted as a creamy matte type lip rouge to reveal vivid color with soft texture.

Color Therapy: Colour complex from 5 kinds of colour fruits makes you feel comfortable and satisfied.

Elastomer Powder and Rolling Powder: Elastomer powder makes your lips soft and Rolling powder leaves matte feeling onto your lips.

Moisturizing care with Botanical oil: Containing shea butter and mango butter ingredients, it makes you lips nourished and firm while providing abundant moisture.

All that in a lipstick eh?

Please note that the color on the site is inaccurate do look for other picture sources before you buy.
flash
no flash

Now what do I think of it?

The Formula:  It's creamy and applies smoothly.  It almost feels like a lip balm.  I bet there's a lot of silicone in this one.

The Color:  This one is a pretty pink and looks very sweet.  It leans a little cooler on my lips even though it looks coral.

I have swatched this color along some other pinkish shades I have and I don't have any that comes close, albeit I won very few baby pinks.  Although it's marketed as a matte it still has a bit of a sheen.  Compared to Candy Yum Yum it is much less matte.

L to R: MAC Candy Yum Yum, Revlon Peach Parfait, Missha PK01, Dior Silhouette, Dior Undressed Pink
Bottom to Top: MAC Candy Yum Yum, Revlon Peach Parfait, Missha PK01, Dior Silhouette, Dior Undressed Pink
Application:  Ah this is where it kinda sucks for me.  I only have 2 Missha lipsticks and both give me uneven color when I apply.  I'm not sure if this is just me or my lips.  Unless I use a liner all over my lip I get patchy color.  I mean really patchy.  This is more noticeable since my lips are a more pigmented mauve color.

So would I buy it again?  No.  With my experience so far Missha lipsticks do not wear well on me.

Should you get it?  That depends, if you've had good luck with Missha lipsticks and want a baby pink matte-ish color then go for it.  If you don't mind prepping your lips with liner incase the color goes on unevenly then I don't think you'll have a problem working with this lipstick.

So there you have it.  Perhaps my last review on Missha lipsticks.

Hope this helps you out and don't forget to live happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment