Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sigh the Sunday Blues are Worse After a Long Weekend: What I Bought for Black Friday! Plus How I'm Liking Liv's Lips!

Just a quick update with Givenchy's Liv's Lips.  I've been wearing this at home for a little while and I am really starting to like it.  At first I thought it looks a little too grey (almost dirty) but the more I wear it the more I like it.  It looks really good when you layer it over a bright pink lipstick.

Bare lips
With Liv's Lips. Sorry it's hard to catch the true color
 
So it's the end of the long holiday weekend and I made it!

We had our annual Thanksgiving dinner and things went wonderfully.  We had way too much food as usual but we had a lot of fun.  And the best part is that the television wasn't on at all.  It was mostly human interaction.  

The only thing is that after throwing a party I feel exhausted.  However, running around everywhere still didn't stop me from shopping on Black Friday.

The US Missha site is still having their 40% off sale.  Hopefully I can get my items by the end of the week to show you guys the goodies.

On Friday I went to downtown SF and there were a lot more people there this year than there was last year.  I walked around a little bit but I found the crowds discouraging and left after 30 minutes.

We then went to Colma where the stores opened early and the bags didn't cost us $0.10.  I got some Wallflower 2 packs at Bath and Body Works for $5 each and I went to Ulta and got the Tarte doorbuster kit for $20.03 after tax and after using my $3.50 off $10 purchase coupon.

I have to say if you can still get that kit then go for it.  It really is a great kit and I think I'm falling in love with Tarte blushes.  The blush included is Flush and the cream eyeshadow is Slate.  I found some creasing with the eyeshadow after 6 hours with no primer but it still held up really well.  The blush is super pigmented (use a light hand) and lasted all day.

I then went to Target and got some boring stuff.  I was looking for sweatpants since I originally didn't want to wear jeans to go out.  My only option was to wear 2 pairs of pj pants for warmth.  That was not a good idea.....

So I got sweatpants at Target for $6 each and also some boxers for the bf for $8.  I also finally got a basic belt for myself so that my Uniqlo denim doesn't constantly fall off my butt.

The next day I went to get my hair cut.  I was super excited since I don't do this too often and I knew I was going to chop my hair off for a short rooster-ish do.

Before hair- For reference my hair reached my waist. Forgive the pimple.
After hair left side
After hair right side
After hair front view
I really like it but I still need time to play with it.  Some of my friends like it and one of my friends said I looked like kd lang.  I do admit with a more boyish cut I feel compelled to wear more make-up to fem it up.  But I do love how spunky it feels.

Also...... remember when I told you guys about Armani stuff for sale at the outlet store?  Well, I didn't really find out any info on Black Friday deals for the outlets so I decided to chance fate and go today.  I figure if it was meant to be then it was meant to be.  So I go back to Milpitas and go in with an open mind.

After going there tonight I really want to go to Gilroy tomorrow to see what they have.  It's a sickness I know.

So in case you don't know and you live near a Lancome Outlet they are having 25% off the entire store until Monday (11/26/12) I believe, so there may still be time.  On Friday it was 35% off so I could have saved a little more but I still saved a good amount.

A little discounted make-up does the soul good.
So what did I get?  Remember the Armani Eyes to Kill in Madre Perla? Well, it was at the 50% off table so of course at that price I had to get it.  But better yet, there was also that additional 25% off.  So I got it for a little over $10!  From $32 retail to $10, this is why I go to outlets.

They also had the Armani Blushing Fabric and the YSL Voile de Blush on the 50% off table.  As well as nail polishes (like the one I bought last week..... grrrr....), Lancome eyeshadows, eye palettes, Star Bronzer and that Kate Winslet foundation powder.

The other item I got was a Lancome Oscillation Power Foundation.  It was 65% off with an extra 25% off which brought the price down to $10.69.  On the 65% off counter they also had some Lancome eyeshadows and Kiehl's fragance roller balls.


The foundation is a pretty good match (I got Beige 10 and I'm about a MAC NC 20-25, Armani 4.5, Dior Airflash 20, Burberry Trench 4).  The best thing to do is bring a powder foundation compact that you normally use with you so you can swatch it against the testers.  It's helps a lot considering that all sales are final.

So there it all is.  My weekend in a large nutshell.  Hope everyone had a great weekend and that we all have the strength not to call in sick for work tomorrow morning.

Live Happy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment