Friday, November 16, 2012

Review! Givenchy Rouge Interdit Satin Lipstick in Lively Black aka Liv's Lips

Can I get a yay weekend?

Yaaaaayyyyy weekendddd!

Work was a big booty pain this week but only 3 more work days until Thanksgiving!  I'm so not going to be productive next week.

So for you today I have a Givenchy (pronounced ji-VON-shee I think) lipstick.

For a long time now Liv Tyler has been the face of the brand and I really can't imagine another face for them.  It's like how I still think Isabella Rossellini for Lancome and Elizabeth Hurley for Estee Lauder.

To me Liv Tyler and the brand are one in the same.  So it's fitting for me that she gets to give some creative input with the collections.

Liv's Lips is a sheer black lipcolor that turns a sheer berry shade on the lips.  The color depends on the person.  The effect is very much like Dior Lip Glow and less like O-gloss from Smashbox.

Is this just glorified mood lipstick?  Perhaps.  But I loved Dior Lip Glow and I really like this one too.  I find the stain in Liv's Lips to not be as intense as Lip Glow, but it lingers around a little longer.  Dior Lip Glow feel more emollient and more like a treat. Once the actual lipstick wears away a berry pink stain remains and fades evenly.

I compared Liv's Lips (left) to YSL Glazed Blackcurrent (right).  Both give a similar initial feel with a light berry tint to the lips.  But the pink stain in Liv's Lips allows the color to develop into something more complex and in turn is brighter than Glazed Blackcurrent.


I'm not too fond of the cap though.  I really wish that the seal was tighter because there have been a couple occasions when the lipstick came loose from the attached cap and I had a topless lipstick in my purse.

Am I glad I got it?  Yes and no.  While I enjoy this color and will wear it often, I really think for the price it's a bit expensive for a sheer lip tint with staining properties.

Will I buy again?  Probably not.  Unless it goes on sale and costs less than $15 I don't think I will get this again.  Not trying to be harsh but for me personally this product doesn't justify the $30 price tag.  But I do like it a lot more than YSL Glazed Blackcurrent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment