Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Another Late Night Posting....... I Don't Wanna Go to Work!

So here I am and it's 3am.  I have a birthday coming up and I just noticed that a few people are following my very outdated wishlist on Elfster.  So here I am (in vain) trying to find items to put on said wishlist.

Listening to Gangnam Style isn't helping my concentration at all.

My problem is, while I am not without many wants, I usually get them myself.  It makes it hard to shop for me but I don't expect to be shopped for.  Unless it's my bf then I better get something that is thoughtful and sweet.

I also have the unfortunate privilege of attending a science meeting dealio that takes place during my birthday week.  There has been some talk about what to do to celebrate and I've had offers to go somewhere from co-workers.  Thing is, the last (and I mean LAST) thing I would want to do is hang out with my co-workers on my birthday when I can spend that time with say....... FRIENDS AND FAMILY.  Not that I have anything against going out with co-workers, but I really prefer to keep my social life and my work life VERY SEPARATE.  Sure they might hear stories once in a while but I really don't need them seeing what I really do on my time off.

I mean seriously, I see you guys 40 hours a week!  That's more than I see my dad, friends and even boyfriend at times (and I live with him).

Could my early birthday wish be that my work just leaves me alone to spend time with people I truly care about in an enriching relationship kind of way or does all of this make me sound ungrateful?  

No comments:

Post a Comment