Thursday, November 17, 2011

OPI: Muppets Mini Set

When I found out that OPI was having a Muppets theme to promote their new movie I was ecstatic.

I believe the last Muppet movie I remember was when they were in New York and Miss Piggy was working with Joan Rivers at a make up counter.  I must say that was a damn good movie.  I think they were trying to get on Broadway or something....

Now in case you've been mock hibernating, glitters are back for the holiday season in a very big way.  China Glaze, Zoya and Essie have all come out with very sparkly polish.  OPI is no different.  Many of the colors in the Muppet collection are glitters.  Pain in the ass, sandpaper rough nails kind of glitter.

But I really have to hand it to OPI, these aren't your run of the mill glitter polishes.  There's definite dimension and all the colors and different sized glitter add even more depth.

So I go into my local Ulta (I now have 2 local Ultas yay!) and find the mini set which includes my only lemming of the collection, Warm & Fozzy.  I also found Warm & Fozzy there so I got a full size.


Onto the reviews....


with flash

without flash

Wocka Wocka! is a berry color with a berry shimmer.  This isn't a purple kind of berry either, more dark pink like a dragon fruit in the shade.  If fuschia and red had a baby, this would be the color.  Very pretty but nothing unusual.  Best part of this polish is that it's almost a one coater.

Excuse Moi! is a pink glitter base with larger hex glitter in silver, green, pink, blue and yellow/gold.  2 coats will get you good coverage but you will need a topcoat to smooth out the surface.

Designer... de Better! is a sparkly (not glitter but glittery) platinum/white gold shade with a light dusting of copper sparkle.  I believe this is made out of glittery metallic pigments so they act like glitter, only much finer.  This is an unexpected favorite and if anyone is looking for a silvery shade with a kick definitely try this one.

Warm and Fozzy, the only polish name in the set that doesn't in in an exclamation point.  This shade is composed of the same type of pigment as Designer... de Better! but it's in a warm gold shade with more copper sparkle in a blackish jelly base (not sure if it's intentional or from pigment bleeding).  This is a very Autumn shade and it totally reminds me of Fozzy's fur and hat.  Definitely not as in your face as Designer... de Better!, but this makes the color more wearable.  I'm so glad I got a bottle of this, especially since this color seems to be the one running out quickly along with Rainbow Connection.

If you were eyeing any of the Muppets collection colors I suggest you jump on them, especially the non-chunky formulas.

The only glitter that seemed to be in high demand was Rainbow Connection.  However, I have too many bottles of Party of Five to even think of getting a bottle of that one.

Confection:

This is coming in quite late but I totally had to show this confection.

My friend's son turned 1 recently (well almost a month ago) and she asked me to make a smash cake for him.  I totally agreed to making it.  And while I do need some fine tuning in my baking and decorating skills, I have to say this cake is quite adorable. 




That's all for now, my next post will most likely be about my undying love for Christian Dior.


Bye guys! 





No comments:

Post a Comment