Friday, November 18, 2011

It's a Chilly Night Here in the Bay...... Mini Macy's Reveal

That's not a lot to talk about right?  Well guys, it's a Friday night and I'm chatty.....

The rain has subsided but it's still chilly.  I was planning to go to H&M to get some Versace action but I don't know if that's gonna happen.

No confections tonight either, was going to bake but I have to pick up bf at work later on so I can't start baking if I know I won't finish.

On to my rumblings.....

Tonight it started with a trip to the mall.  I had to drop off a package at the post office and decided why not look around while I'm here.  I spotted a Macy's, maybe I'll find something else from Dior I don't need but so desperately want.  After getting some $6 jeans at Old Navy I thought to myself, "Couldn't hurt to look." so off to Macy's I went.  Funny how once I get something at a good bargain I think I need to reward myself with further shopping.

If you do shop a lot at Macy's you might want to join the Thanks for Sharing dealy they have.  For $25 to enroll (the $25 goes to charity or so I'm told..... last time I applied and only $10 went to charity), you get 10% back on all Macy's purchases from now until the end of the year.  After which they send you a gift card.

I was avoiding this but after realizing how much I spent in the past couple of weeks on Dior I bit the bullet.  Granted I won't get 10% back on those purchases I made (stupid me) but at least I will from here on out.

I looked at Dior and wasn't tempted at all.  I was very proud of myself for not getting anything; I should be ashamed of myself for having so much as to not want anything.  I then looked at the Elizabeth Arden counter and remembered how chilly it has become in the past week.

I'm going to need something stronger for my face so that it doesn't flake off.  A super nice SA approaches me and I ask to get some Ceramide capsules.  I absolutely love them and one container keeps me set all winter long so I usually buy this at most once a year.


With this purchase the SA gave me samples of the Ceramide for eyes and a face cream with spf.  She also asked if I wanted to purchase this gift set.


I looked at the display case and hesitated a bit.  I just bought the Ulta make-up set not too long ago and I really don't use Elizabeth Arden cosmetics.  But as you can see from my pictures I got it anyways.






The kit is really nice.  In it you get an eyeshadow and blush palette, 3 lipsticks, 3 liners (1 lip and 2 eye), 2 glosses, mascara, makeup remover, loose shimmer powder in a quadrant jar and 3 brushes all in a gorgeous faux croc case with the zipper pulls shaped like doors.



While this might not be the best-est purchase with purchase gift ever, it's still a pretty bargain and a lot of these items would go great into making little stocking stuffers.

So there you have my mini Macy's review.....  I'm still chatty so another post soon to come. 




No comments:

Post a Comment