Friday, November 18, 2011

Post 2 of the Night: Dior Fan-girl-dom and a Little Info on Dior Diva

I love Dior! Plain and simple.

If you put me in front of Dior and Chanel, I would go into both but I would only purchase from Dior.  Not that I hate Chanel, quite the opposite.  It's just that I find Chanel doesn't tickle my pickle the way Dior does.  There's something so elegant and feminine about Dior.  Perhaps it's because I lack both elegance and femininity that I try to compensate with purchasing Dior products.

While I'm too fat for RTW (at least to make it look good), I absolutely love their bags and shoes.  I would look at Dior shoes and salivate over the details.  I feel the same with the bags, such understated elegance.

What I do purchase my bulk of is in cosmetic and fragrances.  I absolutely love the Dior counter in cosmetics.  I never walk away disappointed or empty-handed.

Skincare:

I've tried many products and have finally found a regimen that fits my needs.  The core of this is the Capture Totale One Essential.  No matter what skincare I'm using, this magic serum kicks it up a few notches.  The beauty of this is that it's meant as a universal skincare booster no matter what the brand.

When applied alone, my skin is soft and supple.  When I use this in conjunction to other serums and creams, my skin becomes that soft baby's ass we all covet to have on our face.  I've tried some of their other skincare products, but none make quite an impression as this sucker does.

Cosmetics:

Then we have the color part of the cosmetics line.....

The foundations are great.  I've tried the Airflash and the Nude liquid and have been happy with both.  My main gripe is that I seem to be between shades.  I really wish they had a larger color range but the formulas are great nonetheless.  There's also usually some optimum way of applying the foundation, so have the SA show you and avoid frustrating applications.

The Skinflash is your best friend and every make up bag should have one.  It's a great brightener without a doubt, but also works to cover small imperfections and is great to use alone when you don't want full coverage.

The eye shadows might be a bit pricey but they apply flawlessly and blend smoothly.  My only complaint would be the Mitzah palette not having enough room between shades.  I wish they did something similar to the Nars Kabuki palette.  But the other palettes are awesome and totally worth buying.

The lipsticks feel more like lip treatments.  There's great glide with the formulas and with the exception of the glosses and Dior Iconic lipsticks, the pigment load is very rich.

Mascaras are probably at the top of Dior's sale numbers but they aren't my favorite.  I love the look Diorshow gives my lashes but I need a mascara that doesn't smudge, and unfortunately this one does.  I get raccoon eyes by lunch but I have friends who swear by it.  I recently purchased a tube of Extase mascara and will review if I use it.  It came in a box set with a miniature version of their eye shadow quad in Stylish Move.  Super cute indeed!  I really can't wait to try out the shadows.

Nail polishes are quite possibly my favorite.  I am quite the nail polish addict already but I absolutely love the colors Dior comes out with.  I always find at least one color in each collection that I truly love but I wait on it and a week later it's gone.  I don't have too many Dior polishes but the ones I do are beautiful, easy to apply, long wearing and usually one-coaters.  The brush is tricky at first but if you remember to keep the brush almost parallel with the nail as you polish, you really minimize cuticle drag.  The brush is also packed really thick so you can be sure to have enough color on the brush even if the color isn't dripping everywhere.   

Dior Diva (for US customers):

Ever wanted to get rewarded for shopping?  Duh! who doesn't?  Well for the Dior beauty and fragrance aficionados there's the Dior Diva program.

You might or might not have heard of this from your SA and you might or might not be aware of the details.

 First, go to Dior Diva here and register to become a Dior Diva.  This puts you on their list and gives you free shipping with $50 purchase when you buy from Dior.com, an invite to their annual auction (which just ended recently), product previews along with make up tips and special offers.

But the real draw is the points system.  This isn't an automatic points accumulation that you get with Sephora Beauty Insider.  For this part, you need to do a little work. 

Whenever you make a purchase of Dior cosmetics or perfumes from authorized retailers, keep the receipts!!!!!!  Every $1 you spend (not including tax) equals a point which you can use to redeem for gifts through the Dior Diva program.  The website even says you can donate your points to Look Good... Feel Better.  This is great for all those spare points you have lying around that you won't use up in time.

Once you've accumulated enough points, you send in your original receipts and a filled out form to Dior found here.  They then mail back to you the gift(s) at the Diva levels you have chosen or donate your points to Look Good... Feel Better.

Gifts can change without notice and they come in many different levels.  Points are only valid for one year after purchase date so be mindful of the dates on your receipts.  Gifts can take up to 6 weeks to get to you once you mail off your receipts.

While Dior does sometimes have gifts with purchase, I love that they have a rewards program for loyal customers (or at least ones that spend a lot).  Plus when you buy Dior beauty items in conjunction with other promotions, this makes for a very sweet deal.

Double points at department stores are that much sweeter if you're buying Dior.  Holiday shopping and fragrance sets are even more rewarding when you can get something for yourself as well for the price of a stamp. 

So remember, register to become a Dior Diva and start saving those receipts!

I have a charm bracelet coming my way (hopefully soon).  I will definitely show pics once I get it.

I've pretty much tired myself out so thank you and goodnight!



No comments:

Post a Comment