Saturday, April 18, 2015

Barneys Love Yourself Bag Review: Kiehl's Super Multi-Corrective Cream, Chantecaille Mini Brilliant Gloss and Mila Moursi Cryo Serum

We are down to the last two reviews!  Thanks to all that have followed up to this point.

This is an initial review of the Love Yourself sample bag that was available at Barneys in March.  I take 3 samples and try them for a week (or once if it is a monodose) and let you know what I think of it.

This week I tried: Kiehl's Super Multi-Corrective Cream, Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss and Mila Moursi Cryo Serum.  Let's get on with the review.


Kiehl's Super Multi-Corrective Cream:  This is touted as a cream that lifts firms and retexturizes skin.  It has the consistency that is not quite a cream but not quite a balm.  It isn't thick or heavy at all and it absorbs well into the skin.  It's smells like an apothecary with all that rosemary, lavender and what-not in it and the scent tends to linger longer than I would like.  I'm not a fan of the smell but if it works I can live with it.

I really liked the way it felt after application.  My skin felt plumped and soft and it wasn't greasy at all.  This has great potential and a great price for an anti-aging cream.  However, like every Kiehl's product I've ever tried on my face it broke me out.  At first I thought it might be hormones but after the third bump appeared I stopped using this on my face.  While I like the effect that it has on my skin in terms of softness, because of the scent I even doubt I would use this on my hands to finish off the sample jar.  

So this for me was a major bust and now I'm just waiting for my blemishes to heal......

Chantecaille Billiant Gloss in Pretty:  This is pretty much a basic gloss.  The color is pretty giving a sweet pink tint with a little bit of sparkle.  It's suppose to be a plumping gloss that utilizes wheat protein instead of irritants like cinnamon, green tea helps to soothe the skin on the lips.  Because it used wheat protein, if you have a thing about gluten you might find this lipgloss giving you GI irritation.  I didn't notice any plumping, but to be honest my lips are pretty chubby and I really don't need anymore plumping.  As for longevity, this gloss keeps put until lunch time and even survives my occasional water breaks throughout the day.  But once you eat food, this is a goner (as with most glosses).  Only bits of sparkle are left behind to let you know where it used to be.

Overall, I like this gloss.  I like it a lot.  But in the end it really does feel like any other gloss to me.  I like that it lasts without being as sticky as some of the other glosses out there but at the same time I'm pretty sure I can find a drugstore dupe.  But if you like glosses that help define the lips, are made with organic ingredients and you aren't gluten intolerant, this could be a great choice for you if you have the money to burn.

Mila Moursi Cryo Serum:  This I was excited about.  This is basically serum that you freeze and apply to your face with the gauze pouch enclosed.  It is meant to combat puffiness, dehydration and plump the skin.  Basically it's trying to mimic an extra night of sleep for your skin.  At first I thought it was pretty cool (literally), then it became cold, then it melted and dripped all over.  Another thing I noticed was that there is a buttload of serum in one of these cubes.  If it absorbed faster then it wouldn't be an issue but I was running out of places to apply this before it all melted.

After application, my skin felt cool, firmed and refreshed.  I liked it i really did.  But I really hated the fact that it as so messy and that the gauze really did nothing to protect your hand from the cold or keep the serum from dripping all over.

So for me, I think it is a cool product and I really like the results but I find that there needs to be a little more R&D on the delivery system.  Maybe the cubes could be smaller?  Maybe the gauze pouch could be more absorbent?  Or maybe just formulate it in a spray bottle that can be kept in the fridge?

Until these issues are addressed to make this product less wasteful I don't think I will be buying this.

That's all for me.  Hope this was helpful and a bit informative.  If you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments section.  Next week will be my last review regarding this gift bag so lets hope for awesome results and no breakouts.

Have a great weekend and live happy!  

  


No comments:

Post a Comment