Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Barneys Love Yourself Beauty Bag Review

So I'm way late to the game in reviewing this bag but better late than never right?

If you missed out this time fear not, this event is twice a year.  I'm honestly having a hard time figuring out what to buy to qualify each time now since I really don't go through skincare and/or makeup that quickly.


I've actually mostly been buying ridiculously expensive candles and body care products.

So I tallied the value of this bag somewhere and then it got thrown out.  I'm too lazy to re-tally the total value but it was over $300 worth of items.  The price fluctuated depending on the items you got but overall it was over $300, so I'm quite pleased that they didn't skimp on the value this time around.
My consolidated goodies
There was also more of a variety this time around within the products given.  For example, the Deborah Lippmann nail polish came in at least 3 colors that I know of.  The L'Artisan perfume came in at least two different scents that I saw.  And the Radical skincare gift was either the exfoliating pads or a serum.

I really liked the added variety because it gave some individuality to each bag while maintaining overall value.

Highlights of the bag definitely have to include the full sized Rituals Shower foam and the full sized packet of Tatcha blotting papers.  La Mer offered a generous sample of their eye gel and Sunday Riley also offered a great sized sample of their Good Genes serum.  There were also great samples from 3 Lab, Revive, Malin + Goetz among others as well.

Disappointments of the bag sample-wise would have to be Nars.  They always offer the tiniest of samples no matter what the product is.  The lack of a home fragrance was also a little disappointing since last time you got a candle with the bag as well as another candle when you paid with your Barneys card.  I also would've liked a couple more items like a mini lipstick or eye shadow so that the bag would be more of a complete package.  There was a lot of unique skincare this time around but I also feel that while they are big ticket items, they are also more personal since not all skincare works for everyone.

Overall was I pleased?  Very much so!

Will I participate in the Fall gift bag?  Depends....  there's many factors to take into consideration including: contents, minimum purchase price, if I actually need to buy anything....  But most likely I will be participating if the bag contents are to my liking.

That's all for me right now.  I'll have to work on a mini guide to this event for those that are interested in participating next time.

Until then, live happy!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment