Monday, January 5, 2015

Frosty Voxbox Review!!!!

So after much testing I am finally able to review my Frosty Voxbox that was sent complimentary from Influenster.com for testing and review purposes.


Go to https://www.influenster.com/ and sign up.  You can also click on the Influenster button at the top right of my blog to go directly there as well.  Review any and all products and unlock a bunch of badges to get a chance to receive a Voxbox for review.  Now it doesn't matter if you review a lot or a little or if you have a few badges or all of them.  Boxes are given to those that seem to be the best fit for the items.  I would never get a College themed Voxbox because I'm no longer in school and it wouldn't apply to me.

This box was a lot bigger than the past boxes I have received but that was due to the bulkiness of the items.


In this Frosty Voxbox I got the following: Dried thyme from McCormick, a bag of Fruit Vines Bites, a sample packet of Boots No7 Protect and Perfect Advanced serum, an Ecotools hair brush, NYC Color lipstick in Sugar Plum, a sample pack of Celestial Seasoning Candy Cane Lane tea, a Rimmel Scanaleyes Kohl Kajal eyeliner and a Rimmel Just Let It Go... gentle eye makeup remover.

I had some definite favorites and I also had a couple of items I would not purchase in the future.

So onto the reviews yes?

Dried thyme from McCormick


If I were to get dried thyme it would be from McCormick.  This was a full sized bottle and I have to say that I am most impressed with the cap.  The old bottles I have in my cabinet are screw off caps.  Then the shaker cover has to be removed so you can peel away the seal to access your yummy herbs.  This new bottle is so much better.  Just unscrew the lid, remove the seal and screw it back on.  The cap is now a flip top snap cap that you will never lose.  Admittedly, I hardly ever use thyme alone.....  I'm much more of a sage person myself.  But when adding this to some basic pasta dishes or steamed veggies, it really gave a great flavor.

Fruit Vines Bites


I would like to say that I didn't really love them, but I ate the whole bag in one night so apparently I do.  They have the consistency of Australian soft liquorice but they do taste a bit waxy to me.  If I had to choose between the two I would totally choose the Australian soft liquorice over these.  But if you want something fruity and chewy then these definitely hit the spot.

Boots No7 Protect and Perfect Advanced serum


I only got a couple of uses from this serum and honestly didn't notice anything different.  For me I personally need 2 weeks to know if something will work on my face because initial reactions aren't always indicative of overall performance.  I can't say whether or not this does work but at least it didn't break me out for the 2 says that I used it.

Ecotools hair brush


Holy hell I love this brush!  This is my favorite item in the box!  For reference I have thin hair that is past my shoulders.  It doesn't get too tangled up but when I do brush it out it does sustain a lot more damage than I would like.  Using this hair brush I have noticed immediately that it doesn't hurt when I brush tangles out of my hair and that I see a lot less hair on the brush.  The bristles rest on a cushion pad that contours with the shape of your head so it feels more like a scalp massage when I brush.  I also noticed less breakage with this comb, needing to use less strokes to brush my hair and less snagging on the bristles.  Now, this might not work for a lot of hair or thick hair..... but for me it's perfection!  The best brush I have ever used to date.

NYC Color Lipstick in Sugar Plum


This is suppose to be long lasting and when I forget to take it off before bed it does last until morning.  But for normal everyday wear I don't find this too different from most other lipsticks.  The color is a shimmery mauve that's almost frosty.  It's a color that isn't overly showy and would go good with many skin tones.  The formula isn't drying but it smells a bit like mineral oil upon application.  It's a great everyday no brainer lipstick to keep in your purse but it's nothing that hasn't been done before.

Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane tea


This is a green tea that has a peppermint hint to it.  It's doesn't taste like candy canes but it is more intense that your average mint tea.  If you use peppermint to help digest after a big meal then this would be great.  But for me I didn't like the cooling feeling in my stomach from drinking a hot tea.  It isn't bad but it isn't my cup of tea (pun intended).  If you like peppermint teas then this will be a great option.  But for me it feels too strong, almost like dissolving an Altoid into your tea.  It's something I won't need to every try again.

RIMMEL!!!!!!

They sent 2 Rimmel items in this box.

Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal eyeliner


This is a great eyeliner!!!  I don't really know what makes it a kajal liner since it looks like a regular liner to me, but the formula and pigment is on point!  The pencil glides very smoothly over the skin and it smudges perfectly for a great smoky eye. Once it sets it stays on my eyes with very minimal smudging.  I applied it to my waterline and it even stayed on there for a much longer time than any other liner ever has.  If I had to choose between this and Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Perversion, I would choose this one.

Just Let It Go... Gentle Eye Makeup Remover


Overall this is a great remover but not the best.  It takes off a lot of long-wearing and waterproof make up but it may take a while.  The formula is slightly sudsy and it doesn't irritate my eyes at all.  It removes all make up as well as temporary tattoos.  Is this enough to make me stop buying my Koh Gen Do cleansing water?  Nope!  But compared to most of the gentle make up removers I find at drug stores, this is probably one of the best.

That's all for me!  Happy Monday everyone!

And as always, live happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment