Sunday, December 21, 2014

Quickie Review: MAC x Prabal Gurung in Carmine Rouge Plus Limited Edition Ritters

So I'm sick at home right now and before the Nyquil kicks in I thought I would do a quick take on MAC x Prabal Gurung's collaborative lipstick in Carmine Rouge.


This collection for the most part is sold out online.  The packaging is gorgeous but overall I don't feel like it justifies the high price point.  However, I am a sucker for red lipsticks and limited editions so I suppose I was screwed from the beginning.

The formula is matte but it glides on much more smoothly than their retro matte formulas... Ruby Woo I'm looking at you!

It's not transfer-proof at all so be prepared to leave red marks everywhere.  However, it is very pigmented and as it fades it leaves a pretty red stain behind.  You'll need make-up remover to get everything off.  I didn't find the formula drying but as with all matte lipsticks, you'll want to exfoliate beforehand.

While this is a decent red matte lipstick, this is by no means worth the $30 price tag.  The color is a true red and doesn't seems to lean too far off towards blue or orange, but $30......?  L'oreal has some great reds at a fraction of the cost.  In fact, MAC has some great reds at a fraction of the cost.  So while I do like this color and totally see myself wearing it a lot, it is by no means worthy of back up status.  Now if MAC brought back "Red" she said I'd buy 5 of those.....




Confections?  Really?

It's that time of year to indulge in holiday sweetness before the New Year's resolutions force you to take care of yourself.

My confection of choice in the cold is always chocolate.

Ritter has these limited edition chocolates out for the holidays....... sense a theme?  While I have not tried all three of them yet, the ones I did try were delicious!  My favorite might be the Vanilla Crescent Cookie.  It's pretty unique and very delicious.  The Caramelised Almonds is also very good but something like that is easier to find.  Coffee and Hazelnuts just sounds delicious right?  It looks basic but the middle is filled with a coffee flavored ganache that has bits of hazelnuts in it.  Really good but I also think it might be easier to find something similar to it elsewhere.



Okay all that's it for me.  The Nyquil is starting to kick in and I'm going to do my best to get well so that I don't spend Christmas sick.

Have a great weekend and live happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment