Friday, December 19, 2014

Amio.cc: A Full Review on Their Nail Decals

So from my previous post I mentioned that I ordered some nail decals from amio.cc

These decals are very much like temporary tattoos for your nails.  If you don't seal them with a topcoat then they will come off with water.


I bought many different styles from them.  Some I gave as gifts, some I kept and some I need to wait for my nails  to grow out to use them.

So this will be my full review on these decals as a whole and I will have some pictures to show you how they look on real nails.

Price

These are cheap!  Like I mentioned before, each pack was bought at $0.60 each.  The minimum purchase is $15 and there's an extra discount if you buy in bulk.  Each pack averages 20 decals more or less.  You can use one as an accent or put one on each nail, it's your choice.

Customer Service

I experienced great customer service.  My emails were answered very quickly and with all the information I requested.  Every time I had a question I didn't hesitate to contact them.

Shipping

Slow if you go by the standard shipping method.  If you don't mind the wait then it's your most economical option.  If you're in a rush then definitely choose another shipping method.

Package Arrival

Each of the packs came individually sealed in a plastic bag that had a resealable adhesive edge.  The product looked ready to sell and although there was no invoice in the package, I got everything I purchased with no missing items.  Very hassle free shopping.

Product Quality

I love the quality of these decals.  They feel more durable than other decals I've tried yet they are still thin.  They are also very durable.  I have yet to rip one when placing it on my nail or trying to adjust it.  The trick to being able to freely adjust it until it is perfect on the nail is to keep the nail and decal wet.  Once it dries it will stick.  If it sticks on the nail after the initial press then get a toothpick or orangewood stick to lift up a corner.  Gently lift up the decal with tweezers and wet the back of the decal with water before trying to place it on the nail again.  Once the decal is perfectly placed, remove the excess water ( I usually blot with a tissue) and make sure it is fully dry before applying top coat.  This general rule has some exceptions though, when using the holographic Nfu-oh polish, I had no issue with placement but the decal didn't stick to the nail as well as with other polishes so the decals began to flake off of the polish after a few days.  When I use Dior nail polish, it sticks VERY well and I have problems moving the decal around for placement once it's on the nail.

If the decal folds onto itself, place it in water and gently try to pry it apart with an orangewood stick.  The key is to try and keep it flat and not have it curl up on itself.  you can do that by making sure there is enough water on both the decal and on the finger you use to slide it off the paper backing.

Longevity

These will last as long as your manicure.  They come off easy enough with nail polish remover and when on the nail they do not lift or peel like stickers do.  They stay flush with the nail polish providing they're sealed with a top coat.

Now then..... Picture time!  I had nothing to hold onto so I resorted to making my hands look as arthritic as possible.

Base color Dior Waterlily, this can be found here

Base color Nfu-oh 64. You can find these here

Base color Sinful Colors Beau Khaki. You can find these here

Tetris nails!  Base color is Color Club Where's the Soiree. One of my favorite designs here

Base color is China Glaze Recycle.  Super adorable Hello Kitty right here
 So that's all for today, have a great weekend everyone and keep dry and warm.

Live Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment